• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

WINTER - 2014!

Started by Rico, January 03, 2014, 08:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Glad you got your power back.  Actually, based on the news this evening it's more like 70 inches of snow here so far.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Rico on February 05, 2014, 04:18:18 PM
Glad you got your power back.  Actually, based on the news this evening it's more like 70 inches of snow here so far.
70"!  Wow, you'll be forming a glacier there soon.  The philadelphia area had 640K customers\households without power today.  I would have preferred snow - these ice storms are for the birds.   I was exhausted breaking the stuff up.
Pete

Rico

Below zero again this morning with about -20F. wind chill. Humbug!

MARKO

woa ....that's cold Rico, high today here is 55 feels cold to me.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

billybob476

The giant panda at the Toronto Zoo seems to be enjoying our recent snowfall.

Toronto Zoo Giant Panda Enjoys Epic Snow Fall

moyer777

We got some snow last night, but nothing like you guys....

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Bromptonboy

Those garden boxes look cool. 
Pete

MARKO

Wow....winter wonderland, we were hanging poolside this weekend :)
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Bromptonboy

It is ugly here to the north of Philadelphia.  Snow coming down sideways from the wind, and quite deep already.
Pete

Rico

Quote from: Bromptonboy on February 13, 2014, 07:12:45 AM
It is ugly here to the north of Philadelphia.  Snow coming down sideways from the wind, and quite deep already.

Pics!  Must see pics!  :)

MARKO

All my friends and family who are in NJ told me they got another 20 plus inches on top of what already was there.... glad i moved. My Niece lives in Filthydelphia pretty bad there too.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Bromptonboy

We got about 15" where I live, but now there is freezing rain coming down.  I did manage to get the driveway and sidewalks in stages.  The ice is tougher to deal with.  No salt or calcium chloride to be found for love or money!
Pete

Bromptonboy

Another weird thing just happened - which I don't recall ever having seen - some lightning and thunder during a snow storm.  Very strange.  Some war air must be colliding with the cold front to the south of us.
Pete

Rico

I saw lightning and heard thunder once during a snowstorm years ago in Michigan.  It's very eerie since it lights up all the snow if it happens at night.  Very cool!

Bryancd

No shit, it's going to be 85 here this weekend.