• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

WINTER - 2014!

Started by Rico, January 03, 2014, 08:36:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

We're under a watch as well, as of right now a pleasant light snow is falling. I'll be interested to see what the morning brings.

Rico

Just dug out the first wave of our current snow storm (about 1 foot expected).  Back deck this morning...

davekill

Yikes, you wouldn't need the cubes to enjoy Ice Tea on the deck today.

MARKO

Wow!  ..... feel bad for you guys, i am about to take a bike ride 65 and partly cloudy. Its suppose to drop into the 40's on Wednesday.
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Rico

A few more pics from today...

Rico

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Not so nice to have to shovel it all.  Just went out again for another round of clearing.  At least Lynn and I both get to stay home tomorrow!  Schools are closed and my boss said not to drive in!  Nice to work for good people.  :)

Ktrek

I really laughed at the ending of your video Rico! I love snow and I love going to it for skiing or tobogganing, but I really wouldn't want to live where it snows a lot anymore. I don't miss the shoveling and the extreme cold of my native state (Wisconsin). Nice photos though. Makes me want to shut in and drink some hot cocoa. Our cold front arrived today and we are supposed to have temps around 12 degrees overnight. Thankfully no precip with this round.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

billybob476

We had some snow and more freezing rain overnight. So now we have a drioveway covered in an inch or so of snow with a nice crust on top. The drive into work this morning was surprisingly quick, just had to watch for black ice.

Rico

Got the driveway and car mostly un-buried this morning.  Now the nasty cold temps are coming in.  At least I get to work at home today!

Bromptonboy

Wow, crazy warm here this morning - got to 55F - and is raining heavily.  It was very cold just a day ago.  The cold weather in your area is moving to our area today - so we will go from 55F to ~5F overnight.  Crazy weather.
Pete

Rico

Schools already closed for tomorrow too.  Expected to be about -20F. tonight with about -40-50F. with the wind chill.  The wind is really kicking up here now and making all the piles of snow drift.

Bromptonboy

Pete

Rico

Actual air temp. outside right now is -8.5F. and falling fast!