• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Ron Moore's "Helix" - series

Started by Rico, November 30, 2013, 07:37:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

X

Also still watching and sort of enjoying it now

Bromptonboy

Wow! Something compelling and interesting actually happened this week in the seasons penultimate episode!
[spoiler]That was a tense scene when the explosives Hitoshi (sp?) was being forced to make a choice on who to save.
I don't care for that 16 year old looking immortal.  Hope he gets his come-uppance soon.[/spoiler]
Pete

Bromptonboy

The season wrapped this Friday, with come 'curve balls' thrown at us.  I cannot help but think they are making this up as they go along.  There is a promise for season 2.  We'll see.
Pete

Bromptonboy

I wonder if the furore around Ebola will spur new interest in this program, and boost it's ratings - if there is a season 2 that is..
Pete

Bromptonboy

Season 2 starts on 1/16/2015.  Anyone else planning on watching?  I'll keep giving it a go I think.
Pete

Bryancd

Quote from: Bromptonboy on December 18, 2014, 10:11:31 AM
Season 2 starts on 1/16/2015.  Anyone else planning on watching?  I'll keep giving it a go I think.

You are a braver man then me. :)

Bromptonboy

I am not proud of it...but in for a penny, in for pound!  :)
Pete

Rico

Couldn't pay me to come back and watch this show.

Bromptonboy

Wow!  That is saying something when it comes from Rico!  :)  I feel like I am too heavily invested to jump ship.  :) 
Pete

Rico

Yeah, I know!  Both this and "The Strain" I just couldn't handle or get into.  The characters didn't grab me at all for both shows and "Helix" quickly just started to annoy me.  I respect you for sticking with it Pete, but man I have to say I can't believe you watch this and not shows like "Arrow."

Bryancd

What's with them now being on a tropical island? People sick of the snow?

Bromptonboy

Any one else watch the first episode of the 2nd season?

Marginally better - but still strange and needs work.

[spoiler]I noticed the captain of that Frigate or Destroyer they are on - had enlisted mans insignia's on her collar.  Not exactly a coast guard ship either..[/spoiler]
Pete

Rico

ChrisMC

Yeah, I was done with this like a year ago. Not for me.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

X

I'm watching because I want answers for last season