• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

"Godzilla" - 2014

Started by Rico, October 05, 2013, 05:18:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vartok

my imagination - does Godzilla look bigger than ever??  and in color no less!!!

V

ChrisMC

He's HUGE. Like 400 feet or something.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

Rico

ChrisMC

MAN, that's a scary Godzilla. Memories of Broderick-zilla will fade, hopefully.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

WillEagle

I didn't mind Broderick-zilla but this one looks very very awesome! Will be seeing it this weekend for sure! I am a Regal Cinema Club member and I earned a free ticket when I saw Spiderman! So I will be able to save me a little money when I see this so hopefully I don't waste it on snacks.

Rico

Saw this today and enjoyed it.  Old school monster movie with modern movie magic.  Godzilla looked great!  Saw it on a big screen (not in 3D) and it was a lot of fun.  Don't want to say much more until others have had a chance to go.

M-5

I saw it yesterday and really enjoyed.  Much better than the 1998 version.

Bryancd

[spoiler]I thought it was really fun but it also left me a bit lacking. I appreciate the effort to have the film focus as much on character as Godzilla and MUTO's but as others have said, I didn't care much for the characters besides Cranston and Binoche. Once they are gone, and Cranston's death had no emotional punch, it was hard to go along with that conceit. I think it was a mistake to just tease the airport fight and not show anything. I liked the concept of the electro-magnetic pulse to eliminate the "just attack him with waves of B-52's" solution, although watching soldiers with small arms taking on a huge monster seems like suicide. And it's hard to imagine all the quiet and tense "where could the 700 foot tall monsters be hiding?!" aspects. But I liked that they made Godzilla a sympathetic "hero" and hope they do this again.[spoiler]

WillEagle

Loved it. My wife laughed at me when I raised up my arms after Godzilla's first roar. That was flippin' awesome!! This needs to be seen on the big screen for sure. Imax probably would have been really awesome.

[spoiler]Took a while for Godzilla to show up but when they panned up to his head and that first roar was really cool. Loved the monster fights and that blue fire that Godzilla fired out of his mouth...AWESOME! And I'm sad to say that my wife didn't know that Godzilla was a good guy! Well she does now.[/spoiler]

Rico

I liked it a lot too.  Good, monster action fun!

Jobydrone

So I hear it takes quite a while for the action to ramp up, an hour or more.  How would an average kid who likes movies, seven years old, with kind of a seven year old attention span, do with this flick?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

jedijeff

I went and saw this today, I thought it was ok.

[spoiler]Like others had mentioned, I found it took awhile to get going, and it was a bit bothersome when they would tease some battle scene then cut away to something else. Was somewhat surprised how small a role Cranston had in this, and he died so quickly, but I guess if you fall like he did, you are going to die. They had a lot of action at the end, but I think I would have liked the movie to be pretty much that, as I really had no feeling for the Human story they had in this. As for cities leveled, it is right up there with Man of Steel and then some.[/spoiler]