• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

"Sleepy Hollow" - tv series

Started by Rico, September 17, 2013, 04:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I watched the first episode.  Cool series.  Much deeper than I thought it would be.  Kind of a spooky "X Files" vibe to it.  Definitely going to keep watching.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/17/showbiz/tv/sleepy-hollow-fox-ew/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hFg9qS_u3w#ws

moyer777

yeah, it wasn't at all what I expected.  We'll keep an eye on it too.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

jedijeff

I finished watching it, I liked it as well. Was not expecting the angle they took, but I think it will make for a full story going forward. The ending gave me the creeps.

Rico

So, anyone been keeping up with this series?  I've really enjoyed it.  Just watched the 2 hr season finale - really great (lots of big things happened).  They only filmed a short season but it will return next fall for a second season.  Catch up on this one, it's terrific!

ricdude

This is our new "back burner" binge show. Clearly, I have a twisted sense of humor.

First, the sherrif, portrayed by: Clancy Brown. [spoiler]The Kurgen. From Highlander. Makes his decapitation that much more... Fitting? [/spoiler] Somehow appeases my Libra sense of justice.

Also, the Equestrian Crossing sign: [spoiler]cut such that the rider lost their head.[/spoiler] Absolutely hysterical.

Or am I the only one who sees these things as humorous?

Bromptonboy

I haven't been watching - have to check it out. 
Pete

Rico

It's a really cool and fun series. The actors are all excellent.

Bromptonboy

I gather is based on the headless horseman tales and Ichabod Crane?
Pete

Rico

Quote from: Bromptonboy on February 15, 2015, 05:59:40 AM
I gather is based on the headless horseman tales and Ichabod Crane?

Somewhat - yes.  But it's much, much more than that.

ricdude

I'm only halfway through the first season, but (so far) it's a really interesting take on the supernatural-fighting team. And an occasionally dark and twisted sense of humour. All the little history lessons and anachronisms with Ichabod are pretty entertaining, too.

If you haven't watched it yet, stick with it at least until the nature of the horseman is revealed. It's a wild ride.

BTW, Orlando Jones is incredible in this. I'm used to his comedy work, but this is a cut above.

Bromptonboy

Is there a Tricia Helfer equivalent?  I need some motivation to watch here..
Pete

Rico

As with most shows on TV, there are plenty of attractive ladies on "Sleepy Hollow."

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Rico on February 15, 2015, 09:27:56 AM
As with most shows on TV, there are plenty of attractive ladies on "Sleepy Hollow."
Excellent...I don't want to waste that viewing time..  ;)
Pete