• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Got Stung!

Started by Rico, July 16, 2013, 05:48:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Bryancd on July 17, 2013, 06:11:21 AM
I get stung at least 2-3 times per year riding by bike. Was stung on my index finger two weeks ago and my whole hand puffued up pretty good. Once i caught a bee in the back of the throat, he stung me but I was able to spit him back out quickly. Throat got tight but I could breath....and rode anohter 60 miles. :)
Now that is a trooper!
Pete

X

Quote from: Bryancd on July 17, 2013, 06:11:21 AM
I get stung at least 2-3 times per year riding by bike. Was stung on my index finger two weeks ago and my whole hand puffued up pretty good. Once i caught a bee in the back of the throat, he stung me but I was able to spit him back out quickly. Throat got tight but I could breath....and rode anohter 60 miles. :)
LOl You give true meaning to the term Iron Man.

Bryancd

I should have just ate him as part of my nutrition strategy. :)

billybob476

Quote from: Bryancd on July 17, 2013, 09:33:23 AM
I should have just ate him as part of my nutrition strategy. :)

Who needs gels when you can eat bees!

Bryancd

And we have the ornery Africanized honey bee's that have been moving up from South America. Very aggressive and they move/swarm around a lot.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Bryancd on July 17, 2013, 10:31:01 AM
And we have the ornery Africanized honey bee's that have been moving up from South America. Very aggressive and they move/swarm around a lot.
Yikes, they are bad news.  We have been seeing a new type of mosquito - called a Tiger Mosquito - I think they are a recent invader from Asia.  They are more aggressive than the local pests.
Pete

Rico

Well third day on the antibiotics and it's only a tiny bit improved. Still a lot of swelling and redness. Guess it's getting better....very slowly. Oh, and Bryan is crazy! ;)

Bryancd

Are you sure it was a bee and not a spider or something else? It's so red, usually bee stings get puffy but not red and splotchy like that, at least on me.

ChrisMC

I agree, looks too crazy big for a new sting, unless you are allergic. Could be a spider bite.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

billybob476

Quote from: ChrisMC on July 18, 2013, 08:45:53 AM
I agree, looks too crazy big for a new sting, unless you are allergic. Could be a spider bite.

Check if you can climb walls! Maybe it was radioactive.

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on July 18, 2013, 07:28:28 AM
Are you sure it was a bee and not a spider or something else? It's so red, usually bee stings get puffy but not red and splotchy like that, at least on me.

Not sure what it was. I agree that it seems big for a bee or wasp. I never saw what did it. I just felt it, but it hurt a lot and I jerked ny leg up fast and it was gone. I'm just hoping the antibiotics help it no matter what the cause.

Feathers

I can sympathise - the right side of my left foot is currently swelling up and itches like crazy. Something bit it on Wednesday night and a day in work shoes and socks has done nothing to help. It's nothing like as bad as yours Rico but still as irritating as heck.

I'm glad I work at home on a Friday and can just hobble about barefoot. Hope yours clears up a bit quicker than it is too.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.