• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

These are the Voyages, TOS, Season One - Hardbound Edition

Started by Ktrek, July 07, 2013, 10:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davekill

The books arrived today and each had a 35mm film clip included.
Not sure why they were red tinted and not regular color stock film.

Click on the frame of Mr. Spock for some nice detail at a higher resolution.

Rico

Very cool. I think the red tint is maybe due to the aging film stock. That communicator looks different that Spock is holding.

davekill

Quote from: Rico on July 11, 2014, 03:35:36 AM
Very cool. I think the red tint is maybe due to the aging film stock. That communicator looks different that Spock is holding.
A clip from 'A Taste of Armageddon', by the looks of the uniform in the background?

Rico

Got my revised first season book today and a piece of "Amok Time" film too!  Red - but it is Vulcan!

Bromptonboy

Pete

davekill

Just watched 'Turnabout Intruder'.
I forgot how good this episode was and one of the Shat's better performances!

After learning the truth about Janice Lester, Spock utterly opposes his captains authority.
Kirk commands the immediate execution of Scott and McCoy for mutiny.
Spock recounts the culmination of all experiences of the crew and their travels and asks them to take a leap of faith.

Now I'm looking forward to the final episode chapter in the third edition of 'These Are The Voyages'.

Kirk's last spoken words of the series, "if only.. if only"

Rico

Bromptonboy

Pete

davekill

It's made easy by using your amazon account.

Backing this kick-starter early delivery option seems the logical thing to do.  :vulcan

Bromptonboy

Amazon linking does make it easier, and more of an impulse thing for me..
Pete

davekill

Quote from: Bromptonboy on November 02, 2014, 03:11:34 PM
Amazon linking does make it easier, and more of an impulse thing for me..
I showed a friend at work my Volume One and he quoted the Shat saying 'get a life'.
Think I'll spend an extra $10 to have this one personally autographed, lol!

Ktrek

What happens if they don't reach the goal? Does that mean the money is refunded or you just wait longer to get the book?
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

davekill

They're trying to raise 20k by the end of this month for printing and shipping in December.
If not successful, nothing will be charged to my account at that time.

The books regular publisher has a target date of sometime next year.

davekill

They made their goal and will ship in December.
Also listed is a copy of both volume 1 and 2 eBooks available for just $15 too.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/194429923/these-are-the-voyages-volume-3

Ktrek

What's funny about this campaign is that when it first listed it was implied that the "publisher" was resistant to release the third volume this year and Marc wanted to get it released. Then through some good investigating some Trekkies found out that Jacobs Press is Marc Cushman and so the listing was modified because of pressure from some who felt integrity was important. I like the books but Marc seems like kind of a questionable kind of character and some of his research may be faulty. There have been some pretty interesting discussions at TrekBBS about him and his tactics and ways.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine