• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

These are the Voyages, TOS, Season One - Hardbound Edition

Started by Ktrek, July 07, 2013, 10:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I bought a copy this time. Also working on getting an interview with the author. My book will be shipping around the end of this week.

Jen

How did I miss this? I'm going to have to pick them up. And Rico, I'm with Rick...a re-boot of TOS reviews, with new knowledge from these books, would be awesome! :D  Angela and I were talking about doing the same for the Battlestar Galactica reviews we did when we first started podcasting. Wonder if there are any production notes and behind the scenes info out about BSG. Time to do some looking.
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

These are great books on the making of TOS and a cool look at what it took back in the day to get an episode made.  Must buys for me!

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on March 26, 2014, 03:19:27 PM
These are great books on the making of TOS and a cool look at what it took back in the day to get an episode made.  Must buys for me!

And I want to try and help/co-host any reboot or new TOS episodes with you going forward! Pissed I missed "Alternative Factor", I could have at least sent in comments.

Bryancd

Ot it could be a whole new TOS review discussing the production more then the actual episode, which has always been your format.

Rico

Schedule is always posted in advance.  Feel free to send comments in ahead of time.

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on March 26, 2014, 04:42:25 PM
Schedule is always posted in advance.  Feel free to send comments in ahead of time.

I know, it's my fault for missing it.

Rico

I got to interview Marc Cushman yesterday (great guy) and that interview will be out next weekend (May 18th) on the podcast.  As a little tidbit, Marc did say book three will be out this fall.

Ktrek

Sounds fun Rico. Did you keep the conversation safe or did you discuss some of the controversy surrounding the books and the pictures used?
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Bryancd

Ktrek

Quote from: Bryancd on May 11, 2014, 09:58:56 AM
I am loving Season 2 right now!

Yeah! I have to say that regardless of the controversy the two volumes released are some of the most informative reference books about TOS ever released. Some of the facts perhaps can be debated but overall they are very well done.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Special sale going on right now which will get you a 35 mm film clip from TOS with your order.

http://www.thesearethevoyagesbooks.com/awards-sale.html

davekill

Quote from: Rico on July 05, 2014, 08:57:44 AM
Special sale going on right now which will get you a 35 mm film clip from TOS with your order.
When I get the clip (frame?), I'll scan and post it. :)

Rico

Me too! I ordered season one to get the revised and expanded edition.