• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Wars Land - 2018

Started by Rico, June 14, 2013, 02:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Well, not a surprise at all but it looks like Disney is going to be adding a whole Star Wars themed land to be done in about 5 years from now - give or take.

The Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, Florida is gearing up for a major new addition. Theme Park Insider is reporting that a Star Wars-themed attraction is in the works as part of a revamp of the park's Disney's Hollywood Studios.

TheForce.net, meanwhile, brings word that likely additions include an expansion of the existing "Star Tours" attraction, a number of interactive environments like a full-scale Mos Eisley Cantina, character meet-and-greet areas and possibly even an all-new ride.

Although current plans call for a five-year construction and an end date in 2018, the site notes that a year could be shaved off that timeline if Disney decides to ramp things up. 2017 is, after all, the 40th anniversary of the franchise and should also see the release of Star Wars: Episode VIII in theaters.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105496

Bryancd

Yep, Disney has big plans for their new franchise (cough, DIS, cough ;))

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Bryancd on June 14, 2013, 02:23:14 PM
Yep, Disney has big plans for their new franchise (cough, DIS, cough ;))
Did I just miss a subtle hint?  :)
Pete

Rico

Why hint at all?   :ohbaby

ChrisMC

So cool that I live 2 hours away from there. I hope they have a big opening gala with stars and such, could be alot of fun.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bryancd

I have to hint because it is a no no for me to give stock recommendations on public web sites. I am neither advising nor recomending the purchase of DIS...or Netfix for that matter. :)

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Bryancd on June 14, 2013, 06:58:32 PM
I have to hint because it is a no no for me to give stock recommendations on public web sites. I am neither advising nor recomending the purchase of DIS...or Netfix for that matter. :)
Ok, then I didn't hear what you are not saying..  :0
Pete

WillEagle

If they had a Falcon you could walk through like in the picture that would be beyond awesome!!!!

Dangelus

I bet you'll need to take out a second mortgage to pay for a visit here!

Redshirt97

well it was going to happen sooner or latter.
I am going with the best information that I have.

Redshirt97

Quote from: Dangelus on June 15, 2013, 11:35:20 AM
I bet you'll need to take out a second mortgage to pay for a visit here!
Yes I would think so too Dan.
I am going with the best information that I have.

ChrisMC

Well, if you're coming from where YOU live...but I just gotta drive baby! Do you guys have fun parks in the vein of Disney?
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Dangelus

Quote from: ChrisMC on June 15, 2013, 03:18:49 PM
Well, if you're coming from where YOU live...but I just gotta drive baby! Do you guys have fun parks in the vein of Disney?

Not to the same scale add the ones in the US. They are fantastic. Loved visiting Universal Studios when I was in L.A.

WillEagle

We have in Ohio Kings Island near Cincinnati and Cedar Point up near Sandusky. Kings Island is closer for me but we haven't been to either one for many years.