News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

A new challenger appears!

Started by charlie epsilon, April 16, 2013, 07:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie epsilon

Hey all,

Chris invited me here after I helped out with the Robotech podcast, so I thought I would introduce myself.

I'm an IT guy with about 8 years of experience, currently working at a financial research firm. I have a wife and three young daughters. I've known Chris for around 18 years now. He gave me a job at Saturday Matinee selling movies and music. It was pretty much "Clerks in Florida". We had a circle of friends between the store and the mall we worked in, and spent a lot of time bs'ing about movies, sci-fi, and making fun of the customers.

I grew up with Star Wars, and later Star Trek. I lived on a pretty steady diet of movies from the local video store as a kid. I was influenced hugely by Blade Runner, Robocop, Alien/Aliens, The Terminator, Dune, Mad Max and pretty much every other good sci-fi/fantasy/post-apocalyptic film out there.

These days, when I'm not spending time with the family, I keep busy with gaming (mostly PC, a little console). I'm also really into music, especially good indie stuff. I play Bass guitar. I watch a lot of movies.

Anyways, I've rambled enough. It's nice to meet you all!

Bryancd

Welcome my man! Sounds like you will fit in great here!

Praxis

ElfManDan

Welcome aboard, and with that assortment of geek awesome you'll definitely enjoy it here with us!

Ktrek

Welcome and I hope you like the gang! This is a great group to hang with.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Bromptonboy

Pete

moyer777

Nice to meet you!  LOVED you on the Podcast.  Chris has a good choice of friends. 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

davekill

charlie epsilon

Feathers

Yes, you were pretty natural on the podcast. Welcome to our world.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.