• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

TNG in theaters - April 25th!

Started by Rico, February 06, 2013, 04:11:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

So much fun seeing this tonight in the theater.  Very full house there too.  My friend Mark and I went and had a great time.  The bloopers alone were worth the admission price.  The behind the scenes stuff was great too.  And the episodes looked amazing and still rocked!

Riker:  "Mr. Worf.  Fire!"

Praxis

Woohoo!
Yeah it was kinda packed where we went as well. Pleased to see that. Everyone cracked up when Picard first says to Data "Sleeeep" and Crusher is like, "he must be exhausted". That was funny. :)

PaulECoyote

Full house here in North Austin too.  All that behind the scenes stuff was amazing, and I love the contrast between old & new shots before the film started.  Real mix of ages too - I'd also say it was a 50/50 split on gender.  Great time.

There were a few crack up lines that perhaps weren't supposed to be funny but were, like Shelby being referred to as "just an old mans fantasy" right at the start :o lol!

Also the BluRays of Next Gen are on sale right now on amazon.  SO tempting - their upselling could work on me. :/

Bromptonboy

How was the quality on the big screen?  Was it grainy?
Pete

moyer777

It wasn't grainy in the slightest, crystal clear in fact.  The special features were so quality!!  And the bloopers... so funny!  GREAT TIMES!

I got to meet Chrystabel (Amy) from the forums here!  First time we have met!  She and her husband Neil are such great people.  Next time we are going to have dinner with them before we go to the show.

I love Star Trek, what a cool family.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Awesome Rick that you and Amy got to meet up.  Yeah, this event was great!  Best yet.  Mark and I cracked up actually too at several points during some pretty serious moments.  The bloopers were so good!

WillEagle

Blast it! I didn't get to go see this but I'm buying it when it comes out on the 30th!!! Or at least soon after it's released.

Praxis

Quote from: PaulECoyote on April 26, 2013, 08:50:44 AM

There were a few crack up lines that perhaps weren't supposed to be funny but were, like Shelby being referred to as "just an old mans fantasy" right at the start :o lol!

Oh man, that was so hilarious and creepy at the same time

WillEagle

The wife bought me this today!!! She went during her lunch break and its a good thing she did! She found the last one they had at our local Best Buy. One of the employees helped her find it. She had a rewards check and price matched it to Wal-Mart so we got it for $11 bucks!!!! We watched it already and it was really cool! I watched the gag reel which was funny. Didn't watch the featurette yet called "Regeneration: Engaging the Borg." It says it's a new featurette.
I won't be able to buy the blu-ray seasons so I'm glad this was released. I wouldn't mind them releasing "Redemption" and "Unification" like this. Probably not "Time's Arrow."

Ktrek

I came close to buying this on Blu-Ray but I canceled my order last Saturday. I decided I wasn't gonna be a Borg and assimilate whatever Paramount/CBS throws out there anymore. It's enough that I'm collecting the season sets, and season four is coming early Summer, so it's not like I have to wait forever for the next part. $11.99 is a tempting price but I think in this case resistance is not futile.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine