• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Revell new Enterprise model kit!

Started by Bryancd, February 04, 2013, 02:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Bryancd

billybob476

The kit looks great, one thing I don't love is how the deflector protrudes out from the "neck" of the primary hull, it looks a bit disjointed. Nothing to with the kit of course, just the general design of the ship.

Bryancd

Yeah, I'm still not a huge fan of the design.

ChrisMC

Yeah, that's my least favorite part of the design. It disrupts the flow of the ship.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bryancd

Got my hands on her ample nacelles today...  :ohbaby These still need some clean up and touch up, especially the end caps/bussard collectors. I have Aztec decals on the way!

Rico

Definitely ample nacelles on that baby!

jedijeff

Great your making progress on it Bryan. Sounds like a good kit to put together.

Bryancd

Apologies for the delay, it took a while to get the aztec decals in. I bought them directly from PNT Models. They never arrived so I made a claim with PayPal and go the $ back and then bought their very same PNT decals through CultTV Man shop at the same price. Weird. anyway, I started applying them and man, these are a challenge. They are PAPER thin and rip easily. I already will have to leave two off the bottom of the primary hull, which you can't really see on display, because I had to improvise to make sure the top was complete. They look good though. I still have a few more to go around the bridge. I had already applied most of the decals that came with the kit before putting on the aztec, including that ring and the phasers and the grey blocks. by the way, to get the phasers right you have to make small holes for the phaser emitters. In 1/350 scale on my big Refit E that's easy, in this scale it's a PITA.

jedijeff

Even though you had to improvise, I think you are doing a great job, looks good to me. Are they large pieces, or smaller and easier to manage?
I know a lot of people clear coat the model with gloss before applying models, then after they will apply a dull coat after to bring it back down. I think I have seen Trekworks also spray the decals with some Testors Decal set to strengthen them up a bit before he applies them.

Bromptonboy

Pete

Rico

Nice!  I wonder if you cut the decals into smaller pieces and line them up on the ship if they would be easier to deal with and apply?

Bryancd

Jeff, yes I did apply a clear coat of gloss, but these decals are inferior to the ones I bought for the big refit. Rico, yes, it would be easier to cut them in half and apply them.

Bryancd

Still chipping away at this...

Rico

Keep at it Bryan!  Looking forward to seeing it complete.