• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Revell new Enterprise model kit!

Started by Bryancd, February 04, 2013, 02:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Looks like it's getting close to release. They have scaled it down to be 1:500, which based on the completed kit length makes the JJ 'Prise about 300m, similar to the TOS Enterprise. But in the 9min. trailer it still looked like they were trying to go with the 2000 foot monster the ship was sometimes in the first movie.  :old_bash:
Regardless, I'm getting it. :)

http://www.thetrekcollective.com/2013/02/first-look-at-revells-new-uss.html?m=1

Rico

Awesome!  Looks sweet!  Makes me think the big girl will survive anything Cumberkhan can dish out!  :)

ChrisMC

That's a fine looking model. Can't wait to get my hands on it.   
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bryancd

Quote from: Chris-El on February 04, 2013, 03:10:57 PM
That's a fine looking model. Can't wait to get my hands on it.   

It's actually a little ragged on the paint work, but I assume that's just a rush job to get it to the show, as evidenced from this angle of the model!

jedijeff

I am looking forward to this one as well, I think it will be a fun one to work on. Those over Sized Nacelles look like it will be fun to put together.

Ricardocameron

Nice model, however I never liked he redisign.  give me an NCC 1701A!!
www.GoldenRetrieverErrands.com
"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man, and let history make its own judgment." ~Dr. Zefram Cochrane

"The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible." -Arthur C. Clarke

Rico

Bryancd

Steve Neil is doing one and there is a nice one on the RPF going. The kit is really expensive to get from Germany thought, so I haven't jumped in yet. :)

Rico

That eBay link I posted only works out to about $60. shipped. But the price and shipping varies a lot per listing.

Bryancd

I would aslo like to wait until JT Graphics or someone else makes aztec decals for it.

Rico

This new JJ-Prise seems to have only a very subtle Aztec pattern. I like the way the Trekworks guys masked and airbrushed their ship.

Bryancd

Quote from: Rico on August 14, 2013, 08:14:38 AM
This new JJ-Prise seems to have only a very subtle Aztec pattern. I like the way the Trekworks guys masked and airbrushed their ship.

Yeah, there are guys making the masks but I have never tried that. I suppose this would be a good kit to try, alothough I do not have an air brush.

Bryancd

Damn you Rico! I bought it. :) And in the RPF thread they found the first company that will make the new decals!

http://www.pntmodels.com/

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on August 14, 2013, 08:47:45 AM
Quote from: Rico on August 14, 2013, 08:14:38 AM

Yeah, there are guys making the masks but I have never tried that. I suppose this would be a good kit to try, alothough I do not have an air brush.

You need an airbrush.  You will discover how much fun they are vs. using a simple aerosol can.  So much more control and function.

P.S.  I'm about to buy a kit too I think - LOL!

Bryancd