• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Star Trek: The Next Generation/Doctor Who comic!!!

Started by WillEagle, May 30, 2012, 06:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on July 02, 2012, 11:54:39 AM
Just read issue two, loved it. The story is engrossing, the drawings are spot on and it has captured the feel of both TNG and Dr Who. I need issue 3 and i need it now.
Oh, I want this so bad! I guess good things come to those 'who' wait.

WillEagle

Picked up issue #2 yesterday and I loved it. Great story! I got cover B for this issue and I think it's pretty cool. The Doctor and Captain Picard shaking hands.
[spoiler]I loved the part where they showed the Tardis on the holodeck grid. I thought that was so cool! And the part where Amy says "Look a spaceship with windows." Not an exact quote but close enough. [/spoiler]

Here is a pic of #2.

WillEagle

Picked up issue #3 of this great series and again it didn't disappoint. We have talked about the art style of this and in this issue there is a flashback to the TOS era where they use a different style from the main story which I thought was a neat idea. That shouldn't have gave anything away with issue #3 having Kirk on the front of cover A. I once again got cover B and I would have rather had cover A with Kirk on the front but he didn't have any more. Cool look of cover B reminds me of the First Contact movie poster. Only 3 covers released for this one. And a very cool page 1 to start of the story.

ChrisMC

Man, it sucks that there isn't a comic shop in my area anymore. The Books-a-Million isn't carrying this one. Guess I'll have to wait for the trade.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

WillEagle

Picked up #4 a few days ago but still haven't read it yet. Looking foward to it. I got cover A of this one even though he had put a cover B on my hold list. I just didn't care for the B cover. Here is a pic of #4 Cover A.

WillEagle

Here are issues 5 and 6 of this great series. I haven't read #6 yet.
#4 - 8.
#5 - 8. A little disagreement between Picard and the Doctor in this issue.
I really like these 2 covers especially the one with the Doctor shaking hands with a BORG!

Rico

I've been enjoying this and the "Hive" mini-series too.

WillEagle

This series came to an end in December and It has been really good. I need to read the last couple of issues because as I said in another post my comic shop didn't get it in or get enough of issue #7. So I'll be able to read the ending at one time. I think the covers on these issues are really cool. If you never read this series it is worth a look. They did a good job of blending the two series together. Here are the covers of the last 2 issues.

Rico