• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Trek "3" news!

Started by Bryancd, January 29, 2013, 06:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WillEagle

Bromptonboy

I am going to see it, that is for sure.  Looks like I will need a seat belt for the theater chair.
Pete

Rico

Bromptonboy

Glad to hear it.  All of us would be going anyways - so makes sense.
Pete

jedijeff

The Movie looks like it will be fun, and looking forward to seeing it. I will be honest, I enjoyed the first two movies so far, but as well I just take them as a different take on Trek, and what happens in them does not relate at all to the Prime Universe. So I don't really get upset about what they do in this version of Trek, and just enjoy it for a fast Sci-Fi action series. If they touch on some more Trek type themes in this one, that is great, if not I am ok with that, as we have so many years or Prime Universe Trek to fill my need there.
I will admit, I really not much of a fan of Simon Pegg, but I can really see some disappointment in his face and words. In the past he has been very hard on George Lucas in regards to Star Wars, that maybe he is feeling a bit of that in regards to this new Trek, and that people feel he may have damaged it with this new version. Sounds like he really wanted a to make a more Star Trek type movie, but I guess will see how much of those elements make their way to the final product in the end.

moyer777

I like your look at it Jeff.  I too enjoy the movies, but they are not the same as prime.  It's ok, just different.  :)

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Ktrek

I enjoyed the first film. The second left a bad taste in my mouth and I pretty much can't watch it. I have hope that Pegg can do right by the franchise but it's reserved hope for sure. The trailer released does nothing to excite me at all and I'm hoping that it doesn't really represent the film.
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

WillEagle

Reshoots being done in a couple of weeks with a new character being added. I found an article I'll post the link for. It has the actress from 'The Expanse' shooting the new scenes. Hope this isn't a bad sign. Of course I'll go see it regardless. I mean shoot I just watched Star Trek V the other day just because.

Here is the link.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/uncategorized/the-expanse-actress-shohreh-aghdashloo-beamed-up-to-star-trek-beyond/

Rico

MARKO

WOW X 10 ....... Another Enterprise destroyed?
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Jobydrone

Wait, is that a Reman?  Do Remans exist in this universe?
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Quote from: Jobydrone on May 21, 2016, 03:03:15 PM
Wait, is that a Reman?  Do Remans exist in this universe?

Nope - not a Reman.  New species.

Rico

MARKO

Rico.... an accurate depiction on how a true Warp bubble looks and works. I love it too.... also Congrats on three years at your job!

Marko
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Rico

Thanks for the job wishes.  Hard to believe it's been three years now.  Lot of hard work - but I still like it.  And warp bubbles are cool!