• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Star Trek "3" news!

Started by Bryancd, January 29, 2013, 06:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

What the hell, may as well start a thread about ST-3 before Into Darkness is even released.  :)

Star Trek 3
In case you were wondering what J.J. Abrams is going to do with those Star Wars movies he was making before he got the actual Star Wars gig, it's now been confirmed that he will at least produce the third Star Trek movie. It's still at least conceivable — though, let's be honest, probably pretty damn unlikely, given how big an undertaking Episode VII is likely to be — that he could end up directing it as well.

billybob476

I feel like I've heard he wasn't even initially supposed to direct Into Darkness.

davekill

Any chance Joss Whedon could take over Star Trek 3?

billybob476

Joss is locked in for more Avengers.

Rico

I talked about this on the podcast this past weekend.  I'm certain besides producing a "third" Trek film that JJ will be involved a fair amount - especially if number two turns out to be successful.

turtlesrock

Interest in Star Trek 3 will definitely depend on how well Into Darkness turns out. I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Bromptonboy

man, this guy has a lock on geekdom for the next few years.  :)
Pete

Bryancd

Bromptonboy

So which story will they re-hash in this one?  ((oops! Did I say that outloud?!))

Looking forward to the wild speculation starting.. :)

I want to see Harry Mudd or Gary Seven.
Pete

ChrisMC

I want them to hurry up and get the movie done, but I have to wonder why CBS hasn't even explored the option if a new Trek series. It's pretty weird how the film rights and movie rights got split up.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

Remake "Spock's Brain" :)

billybob476

I could see January Jones or someone like that saying "Brain and brain, what is brain?!"

ChrisMC

She can say anything she wants to me, man.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bromptonboy

Ditto on that January Jones comment..
Pete

Dangelus

Oh bollocks he's saying we might get JJ back for part 3.