• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

"Getting Married, He Is"

Started by Rico, January 04, 2013, 08:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

The Force is certainly with him lately...

George Lucas is getting married to his long time girlfriend Mellody Hobson.  I wonder if they will have a "Star Wars" themed wedding?  ;)

George Lucas is following the Force – right down the aisle.

The Star Wars director, 68, is engaged to DreamWorks animation chairman Mellody Hobson, a rep for Lucasfilm confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter on Thursday.

Hobson, 43, has been dating Lucas since 2006. This will be her first marriage and Lucas's second; he previously was married to film editor Marcia Lou Griffin. The exes adopted a daughter Amanda before their 1983 divorce. Lucas went on to adopt two more children.

Lucas's fiancée is also a contributor to Good Morning America's financial segments and has received many honors, including a 2002 listing as one of Esquire's "Best and Brightest" in America.

Lucas has made headlines of his own, recently donating to an education foundation much of the $4 billion from his sale of Lucasfilm to Disney.

According to THR, Lucas said at the time, "As I start a new chapter in my life, it is gratifying that I have the opportunity to devote more time and resources to philanthropy."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20661552,00.html

Bryancd

Congrats to the happy couple! She certainly seems to be a quality catch!

Dangelus

davekill

Cheer-up George!
- guess when your that rich you don't have to smile.

She obviously digs your creativity, ambition and style - just get rid of those funky old Levis!

Bromptonboy

Here is an excerpt of the conversion they just had - causing his less than pleased look:

Melody Lucas nee Hobson: George! Take these two over to the garage will ya? I want 'em cleaned up before dinner
George: But I was going into Tosche Station to pick up some power converters!
Melody Lucas nee Hobson: You can waste time with your friends when your chores are done. Now, come on. Get to it.
Pete

Rico

That's awesome Pete!  How about this one....

George:  "I am altering our prenuptial agreement.  Pray I don't alter it further."
Mellody:  "This deal is getting worse all the time."

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Rico on January 04, 2013, 03:19:19 PM
That's awesome Pete!  How about this one....

George:  "I am altering our prenuptial agreement.  Pray I don't alter it further."
Mellody:  "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Even better!
Pete

WillEagle

They were both good!  :roflmao