• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

Started by Rico, November 10, 2012, 05:05:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

More rumors, speculation and ideas at the link below.  Fun read and a great picture!

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=113636

Bryancd

We did. But the casual fan/movie goer actually did not. I had three people yetserday bring this to my attenttion thinking it was new news. It was on CNBC as part of the Disney shareholder meeting covergae.

Rico

Good point. I always get a chuckle when people tell me about stuff like this.

Rico

Rico

Mark Hamill recent pic.  Looking good!

Rico

So - unless you are under a rock, the cast for Ep. 7 got announced today!  YEAH!!!   :starwars:

Rico

And I'm already convinced the young lady (Daisy Ridley) will be playing the daughter of Han & Leia.

Bromptonboy

I am not taking that bet, you are probably right.
Pete

Bryancd

I swear if I see one more EU fanboy post suggesting she is Jaina Solo I am going to scream! She certainly is their daughter, her name is TBD.

billybob476

Quote from: Bryancd on April 30, 2014, 05:10:14 AM
I swear if I see one more EU fanboy post suggesting she is Jaina Solo I am going to scream! She certainly is their daughter, her name is TBD.

I'd be happy if she was but at the end of the day they'll name her what they want.

Bryancd

Quote from: billybob476 on April 30, 2014, 05:15:13 AM
Quote from: Bryancd on April 30, 2014, 05:10:14 AM

And then deal with every bit of the characters back story minutiae and fan comparisons? No thanks.
I'd be happy if she was but at the end of the day they'll name her what they want.

X

I have divorced myself from this being connected to the EU and would just like to see a good story at the end of the day. The clean slate is now there, let's see what they do with it.

Bromptonboy

Hmmm..I'll be interested to see if others have the same reaction I had to The Hobbit, with the new SW movies when they start tinkering with canon...  :)
Pete

jedijeff

I am happy with the mostly no name cast for the newcomers, as it sounds like they are all solid actors, and at least for me, I will be able to see the character over the celebrity. I know I stated it before the casting that I was hoping they would go that way, so somewhat happy how it turned out to date.
It would be a nice nod if they did name the Daughter Jaina, but I am guessing it will be some other name to get around comparisons, though probably will have some of Jaina's characteristics as she is Daddys girl. :)
I could probably fan boy all over a ton of things I would want to see, but probably no one else would. There are still some things from the PT and OT, that I feel are not done or left open, but they are probably best left to my own imagination.