• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

is there such a thing as too much podcasts?

Started by fatfather_2005, October 21, 2013, 07:07:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fatfather_2005

i have been wondering, i got a lot of podcasts i am trying to keep up with, is there such a thing too many podcast?  i am wanting others opinions on this. thank you for any help
In the Absense of Light, the Darkness Prevails.

billybob476

There's a poitn where you can have too much of anything. I trim my list every once in awhile. Sometimes I lose interest in a show and instead of leaving it in my feed I cut it.

Bromptonboy

I have trouble keeping up with mine.  I usually only listen during my commute - I have a few tech & science casts that I never miss - but they are shorter.  Also have to fit in TISF & community ancillary casts!  :)  Not much time for newer casts.
Pete

Rico

I listen to about 5-6 per week (about one a day).  Works well for my long commute.

Bryancd

Between my commute, about an hour each day, and my run/bike training, anywhere from 45min. to 90min. each day, I can consume a lot.

Praxis

I just listen to the ones that are consistently amazing, and that keeps things in check. And of those best programs, if there's a cast here or there that I'm not enjoying, I just stop it immediately and don't look back. I'm not a completionist, so this method works for me. I like trying new ones, but many don't pass the acid test. One I just discovered is blowing my mind. Ever heard of Snap Judgment (npr)? It's friggin amazing. Holy crap

Leighgion

All depends how important keeping up is to you.

I personally don't keep up to date with most of my podcasts as I'm not consuming very regularly. However, I want a stock of listening available to me for those days that I need it, so I tend to save up with no feeling I'm 'behind.'

WillEagle

I only listen to about 3 or 4 with TSF being the one I try to keep up with the most. My commute is only about 10 minutes each way so not much time for a podcast. I will listen to them while doing things around the house so 3 or 4 works out well or me.

Feathers

I try to keep up with too many and could really do with dropping more than a few. However, I'm also a completist so once I start listening to something I tend to think I have to carry on.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.