• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

STAR WARS Detours

Started by Bryancd, August 24, 2012, 09:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

I can't link from work but check out their FB page and YouTube vlips! Hysterical!!!!!!!  :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Bromptonboy

I'll have to check from home - everything disabled from work..  :(
Pete

KingIsaacLinksr

What in the seven hells bells is this? o_O
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Bryancd

Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on August 24, 2012, 04:03:24 PM

Continuing proof that GL isn't as dumb and misguided as some people seem to think. ;) He put a deal together 2 years ago with the Robot Chicken boys to do this animated series and it looks AWESOME.

Rico

Oh, GL is a savvy business manager of SW.  Don't think most people ever question that.  I mean you can buy chopstick lightsabers!  The guy knows how to make a buck!

jedijeff

I like the Animation, and I think the likeness on the Characters is pretty good. Looks like it will be fun.

Geekyfanboy

OMG.. I love this.. been hearing about his for years on Forcecast.. I can't wait to see this.. sad that there is so much hate already. :(

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on August 24, 2012, 06:09:52 PM
OMG.. I love this.. been hearing about his for years on Forcecast.. I can't wait to see this.. sad that there is so much hate already. :(

Its Star Wars<Insert Anything Here>. Most popular things have a group that doesn't like it. Ignore it, that's what I do when it comes to things I like.

Quote from: Bryancd on August 24, 2012, 04:55:27 PM
Quote from: KingIsaacLinksr on August 24, 2012, 04:03:24 PM

Continuing proof that GL isn't as dumb and misguided as some people seem to think. ;) He put a deal together 2 years ago with the Robot Chicken boys to do this animated series and it looks AWESOME.

Oh I never thought he was dumb or misguided. He makes mistakes sure, but he has obviously good business sense, we've seen that with the original trilogy.

Hmm, so, I'm guessing this is going to be on Cartoon Network then?  The trailer doesn't say. Unless I'm missing something.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Dangelus

Not my cup to tea, never been into Robot Chicken, but I can see the appeal. Nice style to it, very detailed.

Bromptonboy

Pete

Rico

I really like some of the voice actors they got.  I hope this starts up as a regular series sometime.  Or maybe it will just be short videos on the web.

jedijeff

I thought the same as well Rico, that the voice actors were quite good. I knew it was not the original actors, but the voice representations captured the characters really well.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Meds

First thing I thought was this is such a crock of crap Robot Chicken did this years ago.... Then I saw that the RC boys are involved.

This won't be to everyone's taste and I understand why due to the obvious reasons but I won't jump into any park (hating or loving ) until I've seen a few episodes. 

On a different note I saw a short called Geordie Star Wars in which clips if SW were over dubbed with similar jokes.

Personally though I giggled during the clips so it's done it's job in attracting me to watching it.