• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

"Avengers: Age of Ultron"

Started by Rico, August 07, 2012, 04:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

I am looking forward to seeing Ultron in the movie but surely they could of thought of an original title. if they're not using the story arc from the comics that had literally just finished why use that title....

Rico

Quote from: Dangelus on July 23, 2013, 10:19:03 AM
I am looking forward to seeing Ultron in the movie but surely they could of thought of an original title. if they're not using the story arc from the comics that had literally just finished why use that title....

Yeah, I kinda agree.  Unless they are using enough elements from the comic series to keep it connected somehow.  But if it's really different than the comics it will just annoy the geeks out there that have read the series and maybe expect to see that in the movie.

Bromptonboy

I first thought of Voltron when reading this..  ;)
Pete

X

For me, I really don't care about the title 90% of the possible people seeing this film will never have read the storyline or have the desire to. Sometimes they name a movie something because the title sounds cool and it serves a point.

What I find odd is that there is no concern about the content when the end teaser was all about Thanos.

Dangelus

I'm guessing the Thanos teaser will run through the next batch of films like the Sam L Jackson ones in phase 1 of the movies and we will get him in Avengers 3.

ChrisMC

Quote from: X on July 24, 2013, 07:32:39 PM
For me, I really don't care about the title 90% of the possible people seeing this film will never have read the storyline or have the desire to. Sometimes they name a movie something because the title sounds cool and it serves a point.

What I find odd is that there is no concern about the content when the end teaser was all about Thanos.
Maybe it was a lead in to Gaurdians of the Galaxy?
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Dangelus

Quote from: ChrisMC on July 25, 2013, 02:58:55 AM
Quote from: X on July 24, 2013, 07:32:39 PM

Maybe it was a lead in to Gaurdians of the Galaxy?

The rumour is that Thanos is in the Guardians movie and played by Vin Diesel.

WillEagle

That would make since that Thanos would be in the Gaurdians movie. Vin Diesel makes an interesting choice to play him. I thought it would be a CGI character like the Hulk was.

Jobydrone

I feel almost 100% certain that whatever part Thanos will have in the Guardians of the Galaxy movie, he will also be the main villian in Avengers 3, which will be the story of the Infinity Gauntlet.  I remember in some of the promotional photos posted here on these forums for Avengers 1, well before that movie came out, there was a picture of a full size model of the Infinity Gauntet with all the gems on display under glass.  Ever since then I felt pretty sure we were going to see that story on film.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

X

Rico

James Spader has been cast to play Ultron.  I like it!  He's got that smarmy, know-it-all attitude Ultron needs to have.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=108318

WillEagle

Never been a Spader fan but that would never keep me from seeing this movie.

Jobydrone

I like it, he has an even quality to his voice that would be quite good for the early days of Ultron when he isn't quite so menacing.  He's pretty old and out of shape though, based on what I remember from his stint on The Office a couple years ago.  I imagine the on screen work will be mostly CGI.  Really looking forward to this.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Looks like Kick-Ass is switching over to play Quicksilver.

The actor rumored for the role since July, The Wrap is reporting that Kick-Ass and Savages star Aaron Taylor-Johnson is officially set to play Pietro "Quicksilver" Maximoff in Joss Whedon's Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Taylor-Johnson's portrayal of the speedy mutant will be the second take on the character to hit the big screen. Evan Peters is set to play the same role in Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days of Future Past.

"We both have them," Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige told SuperHeroHype of the shared studio rights to the character last summer. "There's a specific arrangement with those two characters that would allow us to use them with 'Avengers,' but not discuss or reference their mutant or Magneto-related lineage. They can use them as mutants and as Magneto's relatives, but cannot have anything to do with 'The Avengers.'"

Quicksilver's sister, Wanda Maximoff (aka The Scarlet Witch), is also going to be featured in the superhero ensemble sequel with Elizabeth Olsen still said to be the frontrunner for the part. Check back for confirmation as soon as it becomes available.

Avengers: Age of Ultron is scheduled for release on May 1, 2015.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=110833

Rico

Set photos of the Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver and Hawkeye!

http://screencrush.com/avengers-2-scarlet-witch-quicksilver-set-photos/
(more at this link)