• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Guardians of the Galaxy (New Marvel Movie!!)

Started by ChrisMC, June 28, 2012, 01:38:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

Saw a commercial for this during 'Defiance' - looks like fun.
Pete

Rico

WillEagle

Can't wait, can't wait to see this! Probably Sat or Sunday depending the wife's work hours on Sat.

Rico

GOING TOMORROW!!!

ricdude

Taking the whole family next Friday for the matinee to celebrate my son's 9th Birthday. Can't wait!

Rico

Saw it today and LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT! This movie is fantastic. My favorite of the summer. GO SEE IT NOW!!!  :)

Jobydrone

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Quote from: Jobydrone on August 02, 2014, 04:26:28 PM
Better than Cap 2 & X-Men Rico?

Tricky question, but in a way for me yes.  It's just a heck of a lot of fun!  Cap 2 and X-Men were great but they were very serious movies.  Guardians is just so much fun to watch.  I want to go see it again right now!

Jobydrone

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Jobydrone

You weren't lying Rico!  Fabulous movie, I had a great time.

Rico

Quote from: Jobydrone on August 02, 2014, 09:59:05 PM

I told you! It is so great!

Rico

WillEagle

I have that image as my background. Don't remember where I found it but very cool!

Jobydrone

Quote from: Rico on August 03, 2014, 05:08:23 AM
Quote from: Jobydrone on August 02, 2014, 09:59:05 PM

I told you! It is so great!
Yep I was very dubious about this film going in, based on not ever reading any of the Guardians comics and not being familiar at all with the characters.  I've always preferred Marvel stories that are firmly grounded on the planet Earth, and when series I love like the Avengers and the X-Men take their detours into outer space I generally skip out or grit my teeth and bear it.  I don't know a Kree from a Shi'ar, but this movie was so well done that it didn't matter a bit.  And I just read this flick made almost 100 mil this weekend!  Marvel just can't lose, with even B-list characters doing so well.  Can't wait for Phase 3!  Dr. Strange should be amazing, especially if the rumors are true and Joaquin Phoenix is playing the good Doctor.

Rico