"Dexter" Season 7!

Started by ChrisMC, June 21, 2012, 03:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisMC

Holy cow.

[spoiler]I kinda knew LaGuerta was going to either be discredited or killed by Dexter, but I didn't foresee that Deb would kill her! My wife and I agree that this might be a bit of a turn of making Dexter alot less likable, in fact this whole season has sort of been doing that, which makes me wonder what they are setting us up for in the final season. Really enjoyed this year.[/spoiler]
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Jobydrone

I enjoyed the season tremendously.  The only problem I had with the finale was this:

[spoiler]At the end when Dexter got Laguerta to come back to the warehouse for her murder, how did he know that she would attempt to capture the fugitive killer on her own?  In fact I can't think of a single logical reason why she wouldn't call for backup which would totally screw up Dexter's plan to murder her with no witnesses[/spoiler]This made no sense to me and kind of had me slapping my forehead for the whole end of the episode. Overall though I really enjoyed the season, found it to be a great improvement over the debacle of last season, and I'm really looking forward to the wrap up of the series next year.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Joby, to answer your question and a little more....

[spoiler]I think it made sense for LaGuerta to not call for backup.  Remember she got that guy out of prison to try to set Dex up and it backfired on her.  I think she was trying to prove something and went alone because of all that.  It was a dumb move on her part but she was really never the brightest cop it seemed.  Even though in the end she is one of the few who has figured out Dexter's secret.

Chris - yeah I also thought how this is going to impact Dexter and is "like-able" factor?  He has been heading that way for awhile now.  But it makes sense.  A guy can't for years just keep killing people, even bad people and not have it catch up to him.

It's going to be cool to see where this all ends up.[/spoiler]

Jobydrone

I see your point from Laguertas pov Rico but it doesn't seem like the kind of risk Dexter would take, too much of a chance of being caught which has always been against the "code"
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Dex has been taking more and more chances lately.  So it all made sense to me.

ChrisMC

Heck, ever since he killed that guy just because he was angry at Rita being back in Season 5 he's sort of been on and off the rails. I think having 2 seasons to tell the final Dexter stories without having to hold to the trope of having Dexter face off against a serial killer has tightened the show up considerably.

Rico

He also got it wrong at least once and killed an innocent guy a few seasons back as well.  Dex is not a good guy by any means.  He's frankly very messed up and that's what makes him fascinating to watch.

ChrisMC

I said to my wife "Why are we rooting against LaGuerta? She's right!" Of course, she has been kind of a manipulative you-know-what, and Dexter is the point of view we get. If this was real life, I'd feel bad for Harrison, the kid barely sees his dad and must think that that Jamie girl is his mother.