• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Star Wars 1313 (Boba Fett Movie??)

Started by Geekyfanboy, May 08, 2012, 08:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Yeah, and there is ZERO chance any additional stories he tells going forward after CLONE WARS will involve any of the characters we currently are most familiar with. The Skywalker saga I would agree has been thoroughly vetted.

ori-STUDFARM

I've never had any interest in the Old Republic. What little I've seen has shown it to be too similar technologically to the current era. Add to that all the Vader clones and wannabe's....Perhaps I'd feel differently if I had ever played any of the games.

I did however love some of the New Jedi Order era stuff. The war with the Yuuzhan Vong was great....at first anyway. I must admit that later on the Yuuzhan Vong threat was a lot less. Once the stories had Jedi slaying whole squads of them single handedly. 

I'd prefer to see stuff set after ROTJ

Meds

Quote from: Bryancd on May 09, 2012, 04:40:54 PM
Love the avatar pic Meds!

Cheers Bry, I actually put it up because i thought you'd find it funny.

Rico

ChrisMC

Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

KingIsaacLinksr

Extremely skeptical about how good this will be...LucasArts hasn't been doing so well in the gaming department lately.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Jobydrone

Hate to say I kind of agree with you Tim.  It's very difficult to look at their recent track record in gaming and get too excited about this right now.  The Force Unleashed 2 and Kinect Star Wars were disasters, they've squandered their KOTOR goodwill as people leave TOR online in droves, and the regurgitated trash of their four (count 'em) Wii Clone Wars games.  Really the last successful Star Wars video game for grown up players I guess was the original Force Unleashed which though flawed, I did have alot of fun with.  The other successes they've had are the Lego games which to be fair really started the whole Lego video game franchise but can hardly be compared with this new offering.

All that being said, though that's alot of baggage, I still really want this to be a good game.  As I said a while back on this thread I had alot of fun with the original Star Wars Bounty Hunter game on the PS2.  This has the potential to be really awesome. 

LucasArts just doesn't seem to run their video game branch well.  The way they treat their staff, firing them at the end of every development cycle and then rehiring a whole new team for each new game, doesn't lead to any kind of cohesive team building or give the developers an opportunity to learn from previous mistakes, grow, and get better working together.  This is a big problem with the company right now and they haven't done anything to change it, which fills me with a little dread at the thought of yet another expensive, AAA title wiht Star Wars branding.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

It's sad, LucasArts was one of my favourite game companies in the 90's. So much great stuff came out of there. I'll hold out hope that this game will be great. It doesn't say if they'll be developing this in house or just distributing.

Bryancd

I loved Jedi Academy and Jedi Outcast.

Jobydrone

There's been some really good games...there was the Rebel Assault game for the Nintendo Gamecube launch that was the entire reason I bought that console, and is one of my favorite games of all time.  That game contained by far the best representation of the original Death Star trench run in any game before or since.  The Kyle Katarn Jedi Knight games were fantastic, and even going back to the Super Nintendo side scrollers based on the film franchise, those games were very fun for me as a kid.  I never played X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter but I've heard nothing but praise for those.  Not to mention the great string of non Star Wars adventure games like Monkey Island and Grim Fandango.  These are all 90's and early 2000s though.  They've been floundering the past five years and really need a hit.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

KingIsaacLinksr

I'm not even sure what LucasArt's problem is. They come up with unique and original ideas like the Force Unleashed or the X-Wing games they had for GameCube which was quite a bit of fun. But the games aren't very well done and suffer from their own issues. My general "attitude" towards LucasArts is one of confusion and headscratching. If they are indeed firing dev teams, then that would be why. Teams would have little reason to pour a lot of hard work into games if they are just going to be fired by the end of it. Even EA/Activision don't practice that on a regular basis because it's not a good idea.

Though even Bioware is having troubles with Star Wars games, last report is that they are losing subscribers in the SW MMO.

King

Dangelus

KingIsaacLinksr

ChrisMC

E3 2012: All Access Debut Interview - Star Wars 1313

First video from the game...looks interesting! The in-game graphics look absolutely stunning.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Jobydrone

That footage is getting alot of buzz at E3 right now as the most impressive demo at the show.  Here's a clip of the same footage without the horribly annoying talking heads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksXViBQLCd8&feature=player_embedded#