• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

National Enquire interview with the "new captain" of the up coming show Voyager

Started by bevs_plaything, May 06, 2012, 09:47:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bevs_plaything

I recently found an old interview with the 'first captain' of USS Voyager Genevieve Bujold.  I am glad that things turned out the way they did!! 

Enjoy the article...

Meds

davekill

Brings to mind Michael O'Hare as Cmdr. Sinclair on B5.
He lasted one season, then replaced by the more Dynamic Bruce Boxleitner.

The lead roll needs someone who goes up to "11".
- Spinal Tap

Bromptonboy

Wow.  I do like her.  I recall reading that Erin Gray was thought of for the role as well.  She would have been great.
Pete

ChrisMC

I think if she grew into the role it would have been interesting, certainly having a non-American as captain would have been more in line with Voyager's diverse crew. From what I understand it was her that quit, saying the pressures of weekly Tv were not for her. Maybe they let her bow out gracefully.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Feathers

I think the series would have been quite different but I don't think she really made enough to know how she would have settled into the role. As with all variants of Trek, it's something I would have enjoyed seeing (but maybe not for seven years of t was too bad!)

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Poodyglitz

After I saw the Bujold Janeway, I thought that the Mulgrew Janeway was the better choice.

I still believe that Angela Bassett, Linda Hamilton, Gina Torres or perhaps even Geena Davis would have made an excellent Janeway. :)

bevs_plaything

I am glad it played out the way it did in the end.  I think the producers wanted to try and copy the sucess they had with a French captain, with an actress who had genuine French (French/Canadian) roots! :D