• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Check this spam email message out

Started by Rico, May 22, 2012, 03:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I don't get much spam on my Gmail account but this came to my email today.  Hilarious!

This is  to notify you finally about your outstanding compensation payment.

On our last annual calculation of all your banking and Internet activities, we realized that you are eligible to receive a compensation payment of $2,811,041.00 USD. This compensation is being made to all banks and internet users.

Contact the UPS agent for your cashier cheque delivery.

Forward your Name, Address, City, State, Zip Code, Country and telephone number to UPS Courier Service Nigeria for delivery.
============================
United Parcel Service(UPS)
Contact Name:Fred Asare
Tel: +234-8070724780
E-mail: ups-despatch.ng@dgoh.org
============================
Please note that you are to pay $145 USD for the Shipping/Handling of your Cheque Parcel

Thanks for your patience.
Secretary
United Nations Human Settlements Program

Dangelus

Awesome!

I can see why it would cost $145 to ship that HEAVY cheque! ;)

Rico

LOL!  I especially like how it's signed...  "Secretary, United Nations Human Settlements Program"  :)

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

KingIsaacLinksr

That's also known as trying too hard lol.

Pretty creative even for spammers.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

billybob476

You mean you've never heard of the UNHSP? :)

Bromptonboy

Too funny!  Love these scams!  I have gotten a few at work that are for 'American Airline Flight Reservations' - with an attached word document that presumably are to open...
Pete

turtlesrock

Jobydrone

Quote from: Bromptonboy on May 22, 2012, 07:22:40 PM
Too funny!  Love these scams!  I have gotten a few at work that are for 'American Airline Flight Reservations' - with an attached word document that presumably are to open...
Those are the scariest...I can totally see my mom or dad slipping and opening one of those kinds of attachments.  My Dad almost fell for the AOL scam about account suspension and wanted to give up his account information to some phisher....crazy thing is it was about a year after AOL went free and he didn't even know it.  Glad he talked to me about it first.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

I had someone hack into an old Yahoo mail account of mine.  I had a few address contacts, and they emailed each of them saying I was on a trip to London - and needed cash sent to me to resolve an emergency!  The hacker even had an IM conversation with a friend of mine - asking for money.  He was at first all full of concern, and ready to head to Western Union - but got suspicious.  He asked a few questions about 'where we had met' and of that sort.  The scammer couldn't answer them.  An email warning to my regular address was sent, and I was able to log in and change the password of the account.  These guys can be devious.
Pete

Jobydrone

yep that's a super common scam...my buddy Eric got hacked and I was the recipient of a very similar email a couple years ago
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Feathers

Coincidentally, I've just closed my yahoo account!

I had a letter yesterday offering me 800,000 euros from a Spanish lottery. All they needed was my bank details to pay the money into. Brilliant! (Not)

I was more impressed by the real letter than anything else.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.