• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

RIP - Dick Clark

Started by Rico, April 18, 2012, 02:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

A true icon, for basically since forever.  Dick Clark, who did so much for music and entertainment passed away today.  He always seemed like such a genuine and nice man.  Rest in peace Mr. Clark, you will be missed.

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni26535831/

Jobydrone

His influence in so many areas of popular culture cannot be over estimated.  Seems a little sad that many people in their twenties won't have a clue how much of what they enjoy today was influenced and shaped by Dick. Well maybe they'll understand better when the tributes start pouring in.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

Agreed.  And don't forget his game show work and production company.  Dick was a true legend.

KingIsaacLinksr

I've only seen him once or twice, but he always seemed likeable to me.  (On TV)

RIP.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

sheldor

American Bandstand, 10,000 Pyramid, New Years Rockin' Eve, bloopers/practical jokes, producer - a true professional.

Bryancd

Yeah, a true legend in every sense of the word and a big part of both my parents teen years and my childhood, he transcended generation. His health had become so poor after his stroke, it was tough to see him this past New Years Eve solidiering on with that numb nuts Ryan Seacrest. I couldn't hold Dick Clarks jock strap. God speed.

alanp

Yeah that really sucks.  He produced one of my all time favorite shows: Beyond Belief, Fact or Fiction.

Bromptonboy

My sister was on the 10,000 Pyramid back in the late 70s.  He had a very impressive career, and will be missed.
Pete

ricdude

Many a Saturday morning after the cartoons spent with American Bandstand (and Soul Train!).  New Years Eve won't be the same without you...