• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Phase II Trek fan film: "The Child"

Started by Rico, February 24, 2012, 05:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Ktrek

The sfx look nice but is this too similar to the TNG episode? The acting seems a little subpar from their norm, at least in this teaser/intro.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Quote from: Ktrek on February 24, 2012, 08:00:39 PM
The sfx look nice but is this too similar to the TNG episode? The acting seems a little subpar from their norm, at least in this teaser/intro.

Kevin

Yeah, I'll agree with you there Kevin.  But yes, this episode I think is sort of a retelling of that TNG story.  Which I believe was originally a Gene Roddenberry story for the old Phase II proposed TV series in the 70's.  But in this case, "The Child" ends up in a Deltan.

Rico

M-5

Ktrek

I liked it for the most part. The special effects were very well done. The story's pacing seemed off at times and I found myself kind of wishing it would move along. I've enjoyed other episodes in the series more though.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

KingIsaacLinksr

Quote from: Ktrek on April 07, 2012, 09:44:03 PM
I liked it for the most part. The special effects were very well done. The story's pacing seemed off at times and I found myself kind of wishing it would move along. I've enjoyed other episodes in the series more though.

Kevin

This is my problem with Phase II as well, lots of special effects but the story pacing just never stays consistent.  Sometimes its fast, other times it slows to a crawl.

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr

Rico

Quote from: Ktrek on April 07, 2012, 09:44:03 PM

Kevin

Pretty much in agreement here.  But overall, it was enjoyable to me.  One thing I really love about the "Phase II" films is their attention to little details.  All the TOS touches likes the props, costumes, sets, lighting, effects are all spot on.  For a big TOS fan like me it's very fun and nostalgic to watch these films.  They have several more in the works and I look forward to all of them.