• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

STAR WARS: The Clone Wars Season 5!

Started by Bryancd, March 25, 2012, 02:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on February 15, 2013, 11:43:33 AM
Do you think will find out the fate of Ahsoka?

Yes, we will, and she will survive...and be GOLD to Disney int he future. They finally have a female STAR WARS character who is a hit with young girls.

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Bryancd on February 20, 2013, 07:49:32 AM

Yes, we will, and she will survive...and be GOLD to Disney int he future. They finally have a female STAR WARS character who is a hit with young girls.

Well these episodes were finished a year and a half ago.. well before the Disney purchase.

ChrisMC

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on February 20, 2013, 04:26:28 PM

Well these episodes were finished a year and a half ago.. well before the Disney purchase.
Yeah, plus unfortunately these shows have to line up with Episode 3 somehow...almost wish they didn't have to. The Mando/Maul arc was the best Star Wars in a long time.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Bryancd

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on February 20, 2013, 04:26:28 PM

Yeah, and LucasFilm finally had a female character young girls love. No way she dies, even more so now, and they are in the middle of a sixth season in production. Dave Filoni doesn't need her to die to make his narrative. As adults, we think having her die would be compelling for Anakin moving into EpIII but at this point, based on their relationship in the show and fan support, it would be going too far.

Bryancd

RebelForce Radio now reporting they are hearing CLONE WARS is in jeopardy of being canceled after this season despite Season 6 already deep in production. I would have to assume Filoni and crew knew this could be a possibility and created this arc to potentially wrap the series up if that edict came down as they have been aware of the acquisition since last year. I hope if they do cancel they still find a way to release Season 6 on DVD or something.  :(

Geekyfanboy

So what did you guys think of the finale of season five??

Bryancd

Still haven't watched it yet, although I know how it ends. :)

[spoiler]I think this ending was manufactured in case the series wasn't picked up by Disney. Assuming they finish production of Season 6 and find a way to distribute it, she'll be back.[/spoiler]

Rico

I enjoyed the finale...

[spoiler]I thought Ahsoka's decision was the right one to make at the end.  I liked Anakin dealing with Ventress (a character I would love to see more of).  It did seem obvious to me that Barriss Offee was the one behind things.  She led Ahsoka into that trap with the evidence.  Still, a good ending to an interesting arc.[/spoiler]

Bryancd

I have to admit watching the end made me a little verklepmt!

billybob476

Durnit, I'm partway through season 4 and now I want to hurry and get up to date! Gotta see what this is all about.

X

Well,  Is it just me or does it seem that the more screen time that the Jedi get, the more you understand how they were wiped out? I mean they seem so daft and incompetent the more they are on screen. After that episode I found myself glad that the Jedi fell and the temple burned.

ChrisMC

Quote from: X on March 03, 2013, 05:23:58 PM
Well,  Is it just me or does it seem that the more screen time that the Jedi get, the more you understand how they were wiped out? I mean they seem so daft and incompetent the more they are on screen. After that episode I found myself glad that the Jedi fell and the temple burned.
Yeah, the council anyway. Ineffectual, arrogant, and easily led to the wrong conclusions.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

billybob476

Quote from: Chris-El on March 04, 2013, 03:13:26 AM
Quote from: X on March 03, 2013, 05:23:58 PM
Yeah, the council anyway. Ineffectual, arrogant, and easily led to the wrong conclusions.

Well isn't that the point? That's what happened by ROTS, the Jedi were so inwardly focused they couldn't see what was right in front of them.

Feathers

Finally, finally getting this over here. The first five episode arc aired every day last week (school holidays still) with ep 6 coming on Wednesday. Not heavily Jedi based but an enjoyable mini-arc.

I enjoyed it and so did the kids.

(Cool, my iPad auto-capitalises the word Jedi :))

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.