• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

The cycling thread

Started by billybob476, March 15, 2012, 11:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryancd

Quote from: Bromptonboy on July 30, 2012, 10:23:33 AM
Well, leaving in 2 days.  With luck and fair winds, I hope to make Montreal (from Philadelphia) by August 13th.  I will count this trip a success only after I have washed down a large Poutine with a cup of Tim Hortons..  ;)

Here is a picture of the bike with a test load:

That's so awesome, Pete! Have a great time and be safe!

Jobydrone

Wow!  Pete!  It's really happening!  Good luck, be safe and have fun!  Please take lots of pictures and if you have figured out how to post them from your mobile browser I know we'd all love to keep track of how it's going :)
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bryancd

Quote from: Jobydrone on July 31, 2012, 06:20:24 AM
Wow!  Pete!  It's really happening!  Good luck, be safe and have fun!  Please take lots of pictures and if you have figured out how to post them from your mobile browser I know we'd all love to keep track of how it's going :)

x2, this would begreat to follow along your journey! I will be thinking about you on my 50 mile training ride this afternoon!

billybob476

Bromptonboy

Thanks guys, I will be posting updates in Facebook, and I'll try to do so here as well.  I don't think that the Safari version on the iPHone allows uploads of photos...  I'll have to tinker with that...
Pete

Jobydrone

It's complicated but if you can get your pics up on the web then you can snatch the URL and post them through the quick HTML codes
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Bromptonboy

Although I have not properly populated this page - here is where I will try to do a daily journal:

http://www.crazyguyonabike.com/doc/Foltz2Montreal

This is a great site for some journals of people doing some world expeditions on bicycles.
Pete

Bromptonboy

Wow - some news about Lance Armstrong.  I can't believe he is not fighting on.
Pete

QuadShot

Well Pete, you can hardly blame him really. Now, I don't know if he's guilty or not...and frankly I don't follow cycling so I've no real foundatation to speak on. But I can say that from what I heard - that he's been tested 500 times - that he's passed each and every test - and the organization just keeps coming at him. I would imagine that after ALL of this, Lance has got to be thinking, what difference does it make? No matter WHAT he does, they won't believe him so why bother fighting any more? It's sad. And, IF he is doping, whatever he's using is so covert that it can't be seen in conventional drug tests, so...anyway, my 2cents.

Bromptonboy

I was hoping he would keep fighting until the international body could do the arbitration.  Seems so out of character.
Pete

MARKO

As a survivor of  stage three  testicular cancer i have followed lance's career...... and after going through everything you just don't give up!  I am saddened to see him give in to the pressure ,so unlike him and it kind of makes me wonder....

Marko
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Bryancd

He couldn't win. It's an arbitration case based solely on witness testimony, not a trail by jury where guilt is based on facts and decided by an impartial panel. It would have been him saying he was innocent vs. what is likely sealed testimony of others saying he was engaging in and part of the doping system at the US Postal Team. Others who likely received deals for their testimony. It's a he said/she said case where if enough people say he did, then he would be found in violation of the anti-doping rules even though he never tested positive or failed a drug test. And if he did go to arbitration and under oath said flat out however used performance enhancing drugs, note he never says that, he always correctly points out he never tested positive, and if they ever did find actual physical proof he could go to jail for perjury.

MARKO

Bryan.... i understand, the whole thing just sucks it was like a witch hunt my high regards for the man still stands and i hope everyone else does too.

Marko
"Amat Victoria Curam"

Bryancd

Quote from: MARKO on August 24, 2012, 02:34:30 PM
Bryan.... i understand, the whole thing just sucks it was like a witch hunt my high regards for the man still stands and i hope everyone else does too.

Marko

Yeah, I agree and don't see this having a material impact on Livestrong or his celebrity as most of his biggest supporters really aren't cycling fans at this point.

MARKO

He is a legend and a role model.... that's why i don't understand why they didn't just drop it. Sounds like somebody had a bone to pick.

Marko
"Amat Victoria Curam"