• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

New guy here.

Started by Appaullo, March 05, 2012, 03:37:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Appaullo

Hello, all,

I'm a sci-fi/fantasy fan/geek (whatever you prefer to call it).  I've been listening to Rico's casts for over a year now.  I started late and had to play catch up and I still have a few here or there in the middle that I've not yet heard, but I'm trying.  I've lurked here often, and finally decided to take the plunge as you all seem a great bunch of people.  I really enjoy listening to the casts (both Rico and guests) while I work.
     I'd be hard pressed to pick a favorite out of Star Trek/Star Wars, but I will say this ... for me Original series Star Trek will always be the best.  Kirk is the MAN!  I love all of the Treks, but TOS is number one in my heart.  Star Wars is one of my all time favs.  I saw it in the theatre back when it originally came out (I'm 45).  I love all 6 of the films, but Phantom Menace would likely be my favorite out of them simply because of the Qui Gon/Obi Wan/Darth Maul duel at the end.  Hands down the best fight scene on film for me ever.  I'm going to get the Star Wars complete Saga blu ray pack in a week or so (we just upgraded to a blu ray player).
     For fantasy my favorite is Highlander the TV series.  One of the deepest shows I have had the pleasure to experience.
     I work 10 hour days so if I seem to be hit or miss on the forums its just fatigue.  Anyways, glad to be here and hope to make many friends.

Appaullo

Bryancd

Welcome aboard my friend!

billybob476

Bromptonboy

Glad to have you aboard.
Pete

Rico

Jobydrone

"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

turtlesrock

greetings, friend! welcome aboard! :)

ChrisMC

Wilkommen, bienvenue.

To your planet, welcome!
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

davekill

Hi Appaullo, nice to have you along.

M-5

Welcome aboard! :cheers

moyer777

So cool that you have joined this happy throng.  Welcome, are you of the body? 

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Feathers

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Meds

Welcome aboard the good ship TSF. Need to have a bit of chat about this Phantom Menace thing you mention. ;) have fun.

stansnig

stansnig

Dangelus