• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Star Wars Exhibition

Started by Geekyfanboy, February 13, 2012, 12:00:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Went to a local Discovery Science Center where a traveling Star Wars Exhibition was.. you can check out my photo here.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151273658785375.802062.707225374&type=1&l=215a657d64

And I'll be blogging about it in a day or so and will post the link when that's done.

It was lots of fun.

Meds

Awesome photos, i love the one with Vaders helmet split in three. So are these the props used in the films or are some replicas?

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on February 13, 2012, 12:14:57 PM
So are these the props used in the films or are some replicas?

That's the one thing I don't know.... should have asked.

Meds

On some of the labels they say props. The material costumes look quite worn so i should think thsy are the one of the sets used in the films. Either way they are brilliant pics, the Falcon looks awesome.

Jobydrone

I was enjoying your tweets of your visit, Kenny.  Looked like a really interesting time.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Dangelus

I followed your photos when you were posting them Kenny. Looks like an awesome exhibition!

Bromptonboy

Rats, I can't get to twitter in my office...  :(
Pete

jedijeff

Great Photos Kenny, looked like it was a great time. Thanks for taking the time to take them and post them.

moyer777

AWESOME PHOTOS!  I loved them Kenny!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Geekyfanboy

Yeah what was cool is my friend Bonnie RT'd my SW tweets on the official Star Wars tweeter account @StarWars (she's in charge of that account) and I got 150 new followers in two days... crazy

billybob476

Quote from: Geekyfanboy on February 13, 2012, 06:47:44 PM
Yeah what was cool is my friend Bonnie RT'd my SW tweets on the official Star Wars tweeter account @StarWars (she's in charge of that account) and I got 150 new followers in two days... crazy

Yeah I saw that, very cool! You have friends in high geek places Kenny :)

Jobydrone

My following is pretty meager...if anyone is interested I'm @Jobygoob...right now I think I have 7 followers so I don't say much
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: Jobydrone on February 14, 2012, 06:59:12 AM
My following is pretty meager...if anyone is interested I'm @Jobygoob...right now I think I have 7 followers so I don't say much

did you just join twitter? I saw that you added me recently.

Jobydrone

I joined a while ago but never used it, only just recently discovered that it was kind of fun.