News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Star Trek flat (appartment) faces an uncertain future

Started by bevs_plaything, January 28, 2012, 01:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bevs_plaything

Geekyfanboy

Wow.. this story will never die.. I remember when he was selling it on Ebay back in 2007.

turtlesrock

PortlandJosh

Incredible.  This brings up an interesting question.  We all have certainly fantasized abouyt living on the star ship enterprise, but...  Would it feel clean, neat and orderly, a nice place to live, or would it drive one insane like living inside a giant plastic fish box?  hmmm... I think for me it may be the latter. :andorian

Geekyfanboy

Quote from: PortlandJosh on January 29, 2012, 01:58:15 PM
Incredible.  This brings up an interesting question.  We all have certainly fantasized abouyt living on the star ship enterprise, but...  Would it feel clean, neat and orderly, a nice place to live, or would it drive one insane like living inside a giant plastic fish box?  hmmm... I think for me it may be the latter. :andorian

I don't think I'd want my entire house that way.. but I can see having a few rooms set up that way.

Bromptonboy

I agree, this would be great for you own personal 'man-cave' - but tough for the whole house. 
Pete

Bryancd

This entire project is what we in the financial services industry refer to as an extremely poor use of capital.

Bromptonboy

Quote from: Bryancd on January 30, 2012, 11:41:23 AM
This entire project is what we in the financial services industry refer to as an extremely poor use of capital.
Yes indeed.
Pete

Feathers

Following through the linked articles, I gave up when I reached the one where it described how he was refitting the flat from Enterprise to Voyager using his Income Support (welfare) payments.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

X

Some people just don't know when enough is enough. Sure he did his whole house, but that was his hobby. I don't think we have to toss any stones too far to see our own hobbies over taking some part of out lives. Be it comics, toys, models, or shoes, some times we don't seem to realize when enough is enough. We also have this uncanny knack to recognize this obsessive collecting in others but rarely in ourselves.

He spend 30k and several years on his obsession, I know some of us here have invested that or more in some of our own collections.

Do I think it's a waste? No doubt, but I can already hear the voices of others saying the same thing about my hobbies and obsessions.

KingIsaacLinksr

The only part I can fault this guy on is losing his apartment to his ex-wife.  Which who knows how that went down anyway, but I'm willing to bet the apartment had something to do with it. 

Idk if this is really all that obsessive, considering we have people who make an entire theater room in their basement.  If that isn't excessive, I'm not sure what is. 

King
A Paladin Without A Crusade Blog... www.kingisaaclinksr.wordpress.com
My Review of Treks In Sci-Fi Podcast: http://wp.me/pQq2J-zs
Let's Play: Videogames YouTube channel: www.youtube.com/kingisaaclinksr