• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

ST:TNG Reunion

Started by Bromptonboy, January 30, 2012, 10:04:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

Pete

Geekyfanboy

No I just was informed about this today... so bummed I don't live closer..

Bromptonboy

I think Jedi Jeff is from Alberta, right?  He should be all over this as our 'man at the scene'.  :)
Pete

jedijeff

Quote from: Bromptonboy on January 30, 2012, 11:00:17 AM
I think Jedi Jeff is from Alberta, right?  He should be all over this as our 'man at the scene'.  :)
Yeah, I am about 3 hours North of Calgary, so most likely I am going to go as it seems to good to pass up. Also a few of the Actors from Fringe are going to be there, and a few other notables, so seems pretty solid. They pretty much had me at Wil Wheaton when they announced him last week :). A friend of mine lives in Calgary, so I have a place to crash as well.

Rico

Hmm, I wonder if I can use my frequent flyer miles to get to Calgary?  :)

turtlesrock

.... and then afterwards make a stop in vulcan! :)

moyer777

This would be a dream Con.  Man.  SOOOO COOOL!

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

WillEagle

jedijeff

Wish I could give a report, but unfortunately was not able to get into this Con, as they way over sold it, and actually were turning away people who had purchased tickets in advance. My one friend is attending the TNG cast panel tonight so will have to ask him how it was when he gets home. Came back home after trying to get into today, was so chaotic, did not seem worth it to stay the night and try again tomorrow.

Feathers

So I guess they now have a nightmare of refunds and bad press?

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

jedijeff

Quote from: Feathers on April 30, 2012, 01:24:59 AM
So I guess they now have a nightmare of refunds and bad press?

Yeah, most likely that will happen. A lot of really upset people. For me, I made the mistake of not pre buying tickets, as the years I had gone before, always could buy at the door, and they did not indicate otherwise this year. So in the end, it just cost me time and gas money and the disappointment of not being able to go. Some people traveled a long way to go to this Con, and to have pre purchased tickets and get turned away is pretty sad, plus all the cost in travel and hotels they would have incurred. On Sunday, they let in all the people from Saturday with passes as well as the people who pre bought Sunday passes and weekend passes, but even still there was a 2 hour wait for people to get in. So if I would have stayed, I would not have gotten in as they were selling a very limited about of Sunday passes on the day. If I decide to go next year to this Con, I will pre buy and show up early, but what happened this year, could really hurt this con as they will have lost a lot of trust with con goers. As with a lot of events as well, communication always seems to be bad, with volunteers and staff all having different information.

Rico

How big was the place they held the con at Jeff?  If they just booked too small of a venue that could explain a lot.

Rico

Some really nice pics of this event at the link below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thestartrekgirl/sets/72157629564539714/with/7123699397/

moyer777

Great photos, makes me all nostalgic

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

jedijeff

Quote from: Rico on April 30, 2012, 08:36:18 AM
How big was the place they held the con at Jeff?  If they just booked too small of a venue that could explain a lot.
For the amount of people, the convention centre was way to small. I guess that is the largest place in Calgary as well from what I read. They will have to figure something out for next year if they want to continue attracting big names, like capping tickets sold.