Podcast # 368 - The Year, 1985

Started by Rico, January 29, 2012, 09:50:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bromptonboy

Quote from: RickPeete on February 01, 2012, 09:09:26 AM
One personal note on 1985:  My Dad, Bob Peete, is a TV/movie writer (now retired) and was the producer of the show "What's Happening Now!" that premiered that year and ran for 3 years.  Kinda cool.
Wow, that is great!  I enjoyed this show - and liked the original show as well.
Pete

jedijeff

Great Podcast Rico, enjoyed your look back at that year, there were a lot of cool movies and TV shows. I really loved Amazing Stories, always remember the one about the WW2 bomber, that lost it's landing gear, and a cartoonist on board used his imagination to draw some so they could land, it really blew me away. Great Comments as well by everyone, and Ricks Music retrospective was great, even if he claimed Bryan Adams as his own ;) . I have to admit, I did not realize that Careless Whisper came out in 85, always seemed later, especially considering some of the other songs from that year are such iconic 80's songs

WillEagle

I really like these year shows. This was another good one and I have seen more of the movies from that year than the tv shows. Two of my favorite movies from that I got to see in the theater that year was Back to the Future and Rocky IV. Loved those movies! Like I said in my comment I also really enjoyed Cocoon but I didn't see that one in 1985. Hope you do another year show this year, Rico.

Feathers

You know, I really didn't remember a lot of this stuff. I don't know what I was doing in 1985 (age 16/17) but it obviously didn't involve much in the way of film or US TV.

A good show as always but much more educational than remeniscient for me.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.