Podcast # 251 - "Chain of Command"

Started by Rico, November 01, 2009, 10:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Just got Podcast # 251 uploaded covering TNG's "Chain of Command" two-parter.  Was cool to watch this one again and I think had some good thoughts on it for the show.  Enjoy!

http://www.treksinscifi.com/podcasts/TreksinSciFi_251_Chain_Command.mp3

Bromptonboy

Thanks Rico - locked and loaded for the Monday commute.
Pete

Feathers

Thanks.

Sorry I didn't get my comments in. It turned into a weekend of looking after sick kids so the chance to record never really arose.

Still, it's downloaded and ready to go for tomorrow I hope.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

moyer777

Thanks for playing the parody song Rico

http://www.christrocks.com/parody

here are the lyrics....

Elephants in the Ready Room
to the tune of Smokin in the boys room
By Rick Moyer

(Spoken)
How you doin out there?  Y'ever seem to have one of those days
where it just seems like transmissions from a Cardasia say they are making biological weapons of mass destruction?
Well you know, it's just run of the mill stuff in the federation, but get this the Enterprise has a new captain and it's no fun, let me tell you about it.

(Sung)

Pickin up emissions, on the world Celtris 3
Picard Crusher and Warf book passage to see
Federation sends a guy Jellico's his name
Tries to be the captain but drives everyone insane

Now, Jelico, don't keep treatin number one like a fool, 
Cause everybody knows that Jean Luc is way more cool.

A-checkin out a planet, the captain taken for sure
Strip him of his clothes, and Gul Madread torture
Back on the enterprise things are rather tense
Deanna wearing a uniform and four shifts are quite immense

yeah

(Clips from episode)

Give picard injections just to tell the truth
but defense of Minos Korva still remains aloof
Makin him all crazy by brainwashing into the night
Finally in the end the captain screams there are FOUR LIGHTS!

yes indeed
One mo!

oh oh.
Cause everbody knows that Jean Luc is way more cool.

Give him back the Enterprise would ya?

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Another great, classic song Rick!  Thanks very much for this latest entry.

moyer777

wow, just had time to comment on the latest podcast Rico.  I love the classic TSF shows.  I loved this episode very much, and you did a great job of commenting on it.  THANK YOU! 

Meds

Awesome episode Rico. So enjoy chain of command. I think David Warner makes an excellent Cardassian and am I right in thinking that Jerico is the actor who plays Locke in lost?
Brilliant song again Rick. All in all a classic Treks in Sci fi podcast.

Rico

Capt. Jellico =>  Ronny Cox
Locke =>  Terry O'Quinn

billybob476

Great cast this week! I love and I mean LOVE these two episodes. Very happy to see them reviewed.

Bryancd

Yes, very solid work Rico on two top notch episodes. I was thinking about the whole 4 lights thing and your comments about it. Making Picard accept that there were 5 lights would have been his way of breaking Picard. Now, Picard could have just given in, but he would have known that and would have found another method. It seems the point of this kind of psychological torture is to force the subject to give up control to the interrogator. He actually did win as Picard acknowledged he could make himself believe there were 5 lights at the end talking to Troi.

Meds

Terry O'Quinn was in a episode of TNG though wasn't he. Didn't he play a captain who was in charge of Ryker or was at odds with him. Maybe that's where I got confused.

billybob476

He was Admiral Pressman, Riker's former Captain in the episode "The Pegasus" I believe.

Meds

moyer777

The Pegasus.  Nice episode.  I dug it.

Geoff G.o.B

Quote from: Bryancd on November 04, 2009, 04:15:55 PM
Yes, very solid work Rico on two top notch episodes. I was thinking about the whole 4 lights thing and your comments about it. Making Picard accept that there were 5 lights would have been his way of breaking Picard. Now, Picard could have just given in, but he would have known that and would have found another method. It seems the point of this kind of psychological torture is to force the subject to give up control to the interrogator. He actually did win as Picard acknowledged he could make himself believe there were 5 lights at the end talking to Troi.

Just to add to this, the idea is to give up small things of little consequence, and after a while you are prepared to give up more. Another great example of this is in Babylon 5 when John Sheridan is captured and interrogated, very similar set up with an ordinary man not asking questions about big plans or secrets just confirming details about Sheridan and his family. Conversations about whether its night or day, whether the interrogator is telling him lies or not, they are all little things to slowly errode your resolve. All very dark and creepy but both TNG and B5 did a great job on it.
If you can remain calm when all around you are panicking, you probably didn't understand the question