City of Heroes Movie

Started by Geekyfanboy, June 07, 2007, 11:34:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

DeSanto Develops Heroes Film

Transformers producer Tom DeSanto has secured the film rights to NCsoft and Cryptic Studios' video game City of Heroes, Variety reported.

The plan is to adapt the massively multiplayer online role-playing game into a live-action feature and then transition it to television in some form, the trade paper reported.

The movie revolves around a group of superheroes who live in Paragon City and must team up in order to fight an invasion of aliens known as the Rikti.

In the game, players design their own superhero characters and pay a monthly fee of $14.99 to battle supervillains, aliens, madmen and other criminals. An expansion of the game also enables players to create their own villainous characters.

City of Heroes first bowed at retailers in 2004 and turned into a franchise, spawning the sequel City of Villains and a comic-book series published by Top Cow Productions.

Duffster

This is kinda interesting. I played a ton of this game when it came out, and the world was fairly interesting.

I don't know though... I wonder if they are going to show things like the insane amount of heroes running around?? It was always pretty crazy when the Rikti had their invasions.... crazy amounts of heroes fighting them off at the same time.

Definitely an interesting idea.

Duffster
Duffster is, The HugoNaut
www.thehugonaut.com