Star Trek DVD's 2 Disc Special Collector's Edition

Started by Geekyfanboy, May 05, 2007, 11:10:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geekyfanboy

Well with the great sale at Deep Discount I finally picked up Star Trek The Voyage Home, Star Trek The Undiscovered Country, Star Trek Generations, Star Trek First Contact, Star Trek Insurrection and Star Trek Nemesis. Of course I have all these movies on DVD already but hadn't gotten the 2 disc special collector editions. I couldn't pass up $6.99 each at DD. I am now starting to watch all the second discs with the featurettes, deleted scenes and other specials and loving every minute of them. I work in TV and know how long and hard it is to make a TV show, but it still amazes me on watching all the behind the scene stuff. Watching this stuff makes me appreciate the movie even more. The people behind the film, the actors and crew put there blood, sweat and tears into these films and it shows. I think Paramount did a great job on these two disc special collector's editions.

Munkyman587

Sounds like a good deal.  I got the huge pack that had all the movies a while back, but only 6 of them (I think) were the special editions.  I didn't know that the others were currently being put out, but no big deal.  I am just happy having SOME version of the movies.  They are fun to watch occasionally (I usually just have a series running, watch them in order).

moyer777

I agree with you Kenny, the special features are so awesome!

We actually used several of the ideas in filmin a comedy series at our church, and it worked.  One shot we filmed was a guy squirting a super soaker at the camera.. and I used the same idea that they did for the filming of the saucer section crashing on the the planet.  They filmed that shooting the entire shot by focusing the camera on a giant mirror.  So that is exactly what I did and it worked PERFECT!  Very cool. 

What creative and thought out stuff they have done!

I love it.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Yep - lots of cool extra stuff on the 2 disc DVD sets.  Well worth the low price they go for these days.

Jobydrone

Yeah those DVDs were a bargain when they came out new at $15.  Seven bucks is a steal.  There's some great stuff in those special features.  The menu animations are way cool as well. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Movie Sean

That price point was when I finally got star trek V myself.
Call me cocky, but if there's an alien I can't kill, I haven't met him and killed him yet.