"After Earth"- new Will Smith sci-fi movie

Started by Bryancd, December 10, 2012, 06:34:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davekill

Loved Will Smith in MIB 1 and 2, haven't seen 3 yet.

He rocked Independence Day, I, Robot, I Am Legend, even Hancock.

Can't imagine him playing anything but loud and proud.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

WillEagle

From what I have read here and other places looks like this will be a rent for me.

davekill

Quote from: moyer777 on June 09, 2013, 10:23:41 PM
MIB 3 was an awesome fun movie.
Just saw MIB3 today and totally agree!

Young K and K prime were nearly indistinqishable - hat's of to Josh Brolin's acting skill.

Alice Eve brightened the story too :)

Jobydrone

I actually shed a tear at the end of MIB3, IIRC.  I might have been a little drunk or something but I was moved.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Rico

I finally saw this movie and enjoyed it maybe more than others.  It is a little slow in places so maybe watching it at home made that easier.  It's a pretty simple story but I found the look impressive and thought the actors did an ok job considering it's basically Smith and his son carrying the movie.  Nothing amazing or great here, but still worth seeing for us geeks I thought.

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

WillEagle

I have this near the top of my Netflix dvd Q.

Jobydrone

Finally saw this, glad I didn't pay full price in the theater but it was good enough on the small screen.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

WillEagle

A few days ago I finally watched After Earth. And After about 20 minutes I was taking a nap! Visually this movie was pretty great but I did find the story pretty boring. I am a Will Smith fan but he sure didn't do much in this. I don't know if the roles had been reversed if I would have liked it more.