Katy Perry on "Sesame Street"

Started by Rico, September 24, 2010, 03:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

I guess this won't air because some people thought Katy looked too provocative for "Sesame Street."  She's a girl.  This is how they look.  Get over it people!

Katy Perry sings "Hot N Cold" with Elmo on Sesame Street!

Bryancd

jedijeff

I did not think it was that big of a deal, but I don't have kids. Katy does have a bit of a sexy reputation, and her husband is a bit out there, so that might have factored into it as much as the dress.

Bryancd

Is it bad I have no idea who she is?

jedijeff

I only know because my wife listens to this type of music constantly. I suspect by the time you would know who she was, she will have faded out, and someone else will have take her place, it is just pop music, so it comes and goes fast.

Rico

I just think young kids who watch "Sesame Street" wouldn't be bothered by it at all.  And if you are older and see it, well that shouldn't bug you either.  My wife sees teen girl students come to class everyday wearing a lot less than Katy.

Redshirt97

I remember this controversy when it cam out.  I watched the vid on the net.  I thought she did look sexy in the outfit but not too provocative.  I suppose if she wore a tight sweater or shirt it would have been OK.  but I thing it was because there or those people out there that don't like a certain star and that person invades a place they should be.  some will protest and create a big stink. 
I am going with the best information that I have.