New shelf unit

Started by Rico, September 29, 2013, 03:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

We are painting and redoing the offices at work and they were going to toss this shelf unit out.  So, I took it all apart, brought it home and spent all afternoon putting it back together.  Perfect for the Rico Cave!

Ktrek

Nice shelf to acquire for free! Glad you were able to recycle it for them instead of it winding up in the dump.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Yeah, it's got some scratches and isn't perfect, but for my use it's perfect.  The shelves are thick acrylic and can handle a lot of weight too.

batmite

I like this. I'm trying to put together a setup kinda like that where it has an "open" feeling to it.

billybob476

I suspect you could always take it out back and spray paint it if you wanted to cover up the scratches.

Bromptonboy

Have you cataloged your collection?
Pete

Rico

Quote from: Bromptonboy on September 30, 2013, 10:30:19 AM
Have you cataloged your collection?

Somewhat - mostly the bigger items.  But, some of the newer items are not in the following picture inventory. 

http://www.treksinscifi.com/collection/index.php

Dangelus

That's a nice unit. A little disturbing that they were going to just throw it out though. I guess most places don't have the time / resources to recycle.

Rico

We recycle quite a bit actually.  I don't think the shelves can be recycled, and the metal frame is pretty thin steel.  But in any case, I made a home for it. :)

jedijeff

Always nice when you can pickup something like the shelf for free. Your statues look great on it Rico.

Praxis

M-5

WillEagle

Rico, is that a I Dream of Jeannie Bottle on that top shelf??

Rico

Quote from: WillEagle on October 04, 2013, 01:09:47 PM

Yes.  But, not fully painted yet.

WillEagle

Quote from: Rico on October 04, 2013, 01:22:13 PM
Quote from: WillEagle on October 04, 2013, 01:09:47 PM

Yes.  But, not fully painted yet.
That's cool. I haven't seen that show in a long time.