• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Anomaly Podcast

Started by Darth Gaos, April 22, 2008, 11:08:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

Quote from: Feathers on July 26, 2009, 03:01:00 PM
A scoop! Always good news. Looking forward to hearing it.

Should we assume that you're always as busy as all this makes you appear to be? :)

Indeed, and now you know why Anomaly is only monthly (give or take a miniskirt cast) :D

I hope you like the interview. :)

Quote from: Bryancd on July 26, 2009, 03:07:30 PM
Quote from: Jen on July 26, 2009, 02:09:48 PM
Just finished my interview with Dany Pepin about his audio drama and various other things. He's a very nice guy. He said that The Forcecast asked him for an interview and he turned them down! He had already agreed to an interview with us. So Anomaly totally scooped the Forcecast! :D  He jokingly said he was afraid he might start a war between our shows, to which I replied: "they don't even know we exist." :D  Because the main character is a woman, and I helped Dany edit his story, he granted us the interview. I feel honored. :)

They did play some of his audio on ForceCast and Star Wars Action News but no interview, your the first!

Yep, we have a segment to play as well, only ours will feature one of the scenes I appear in playing Guri. :)  I put in a special request for one of those scenes. He said he wasn't finished with them, but I told him I would wait until he had the first one completed. I wanted  our listeners to connect to the project through the introduction to Dany and the fact that two people they know (Meds and I) are playing parts in the drama. Hopefully his promotion blitz brings him many fans. :)
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bryancd

What they played on the FC and SWAN was produced great but it had little audio, which was a bit annoying. It was a lot of ambient background sounds.

Jen

Hummm, he sent me all the samples and never heard anything like that.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bryancd

Quote from: Jen on July 26, 2009, 05:05:03 PM
Hummm, he sent me all the samples and never heard anything like that.

Right, that's great, he likely gave you better audio clips! Listen to the FC, it's a few min. of someone walking around into a bar. I was on my long run this am trying listening to that and it made me nuts! I was like, say something!!! I'm hot and tired!!! ;)

billybob476

Yeah i heard that background noise and was like "What the crap is this?"

Jen

I listened to all the sample scenes and yes, they were the same files sent to The Force Cast and Star Wars Action News. I wasn't expecting perfection when I first listened to them, but I was impressed. I believe this production to be of good quality and I was proud to have been apart of it.

Dany is a fan, just like us, who wrote, cast, directed and produced this drama for fun and for the love of Star Wars. He's a just a podcaster with the will to do something creative. Have fun with it, try not to judge it harshly.
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Bryancd

I'm not and I am looking forward to it. But if I was promoting a project, those are NOT the audio samples I would use.

Jen

Wow... Maybe you should skip the upcoming Anomaly Miniskirt episode then. We're playing one of those  promotional clips after the interview.  :cheers
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Feathers

I've only listened to the one that Meds had to waffle about. That was primarily dialogue.

I know it's unnusual here but I don't have a podcast of my own.

Bryancd

I just heard Meds as well. That was much better. Music and ambient sounds are solid. Acting pretty good. Question to Mike, Meds, et al the Brits...What's with that girls accent? Sounds...not right.

This guy is a marketing genius! He has Jimmy Mac from the ForceCast in the production, he has Meds, he has Jen, he is hitting all the podcasts giving out parts and getting lot's of publicity! Good on him!

Meds

I've been lucky to hear the first  half of the first episode and i can honestly say you are in for a serious treat. This is dany's first production of this kind and i'm blown away, seriously blown away by his work. The actress who is in my sample is doing a English accent, and it's what i call mid accent. Always remember doing any accent other than your own is incredibly hard. Plus this is in a Galaxy far far away so there is no English, American or Asian accents. I, like Jen am incredibly proud to be part of this and we should point out we had to Audition for our roles we wasn't just given them. So i respect the professionalism of this work. I'm aching to hear Jens interview with him and finally get to hear the show. :-)   

Bryancd

That's what I thought, Meds, I pegged her accent was an affect. Looking forward to hearing more. :)

billybob476

Yup I listened to Meds' show yesterday and that sample was a LOT more compelling then the sample I heard on SWAN.

Also on principle I'll have to support my French Canadian brother. :)

Jen

Our not so mini, Miniskirt cast: Anomaly In the Shadows has been released.
Show notes: http://anomalypodcast.blogspot.com/

Stream:
http://www.anomalypodcast.com/archives.htm
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Meds