News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Legend of the Seeker (Spoilers)

Started by Geekyfanboy, January 29, 2008, 10:13:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Quote from: Bryancd on November 01, 2008, 07:34:24 PM
New Zealand is Heaven on Earth. Jamie and I are going to retire there...for real. :)

Lynn and I will move into the little hobbit hole next door to you!  We can smoke long pipes at night and talk about the old days!  ;)

Geekyfanboy

This is a wonderful start to the series, beautifully shot, acted and storywise. Both Harry and I sat there for two hour engrossed in the story. We cheered, signed, and laughed out loud. The bad guy (the one chasing Kalhan) was a really evil guy. In a short amount of time I hated ever inch of him. It's was hard to see the seeker making some stupid mistake but I guess that goes with the territory. I really liked the wizard. The SFX were great. I yelled out "Oh no" when the night wisp Shar took that arrow for The Seeker.. and speaking of arrow the opening shot when that arrow flies over Kalhan head.. amazing stuff... I can go on and on. I'm very excited for this series and I can't wait to see where it goes.

My only concern is keeping this level of action and story up. This is from a series of books, 12 total. I don't know if the producers plan on following the books or taking it in their own direction. I have the books on CD and think I'll need to listen to those ASAP. Regardless of what they do if this is the quality that we are going to get each week.. then this series is going to be FANTASTIC... now let's hope it does well in the ratings.. spread the word so more will watch.

Legend of the Seeker rocks!!!!

Geekyfanboy

Founds some great publicity stills.

Burbfan

Hi back Rico! (sorry, delayed...)

Wow, what a great opening. I"m going to try to find some news about the ratings by Monday ...

Geekyfanboy

Another great episode.. I'm really liking the fight scenes.. the fast and slow motion is pretty sweet.. and of course they did the slow mo dodging arrows which was AWESOME.

Rico

Yeah - I'm loving this show.  Really well put together.  And Ted Raimi is awesome!  I hope they get Bruce Campbell in sometime too.

Rico

Really enjoying the series still.  It's been very good so far.  Found this cool music video today for it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IISV81QZtkA

X

I was so impressed by the series, I'm now on book 6 of the novels. I'm impressed.

Geekyfanboy

We watch every week and it's pretty good, I look forward to seeing where it goes. I have all the books on CD and after Brisingr I plan on listening to them.

Rico

Here's a nice behind the scenes picture of the main leads from the series.

X

I just finished all of the novels and I've loved every word. I watched the latest episode going " I know what that is!". "THat's not how that's used", ect.

Rico

The series is now on Hulu for those that want to catch up (and can receive Hulu).

http://www.hulu.com/legend-of-the-seeker

Geekyfanboy

Is anyone still watching this.. I've really been enjoying it. The last few weeks have has some very tense moments.. This series really can make you hold your breath.. I love it.. can't wait for me.

Rico

Definitely still watching and enjoying it a lot.  Was nice to have some new episodes again.

Rico

I enjoyed this part in the last episode.  Kahlan makes a wicked Mord-Sith!   :wub

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PiXiNOeeu8#noexternalembed&ap=%2526fmt%3D18