• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

The next podcast will be on Feb. 19th and will be a guest cast by Mark.

Main Menu

Star Trek: Season 1 - Flash Point

Started by keozen, February 05, 2007, 04:16:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jen

After the briefing, Sevryll made her way across 5 Forward to speak with the Dr. Peterson. She nodded politely at her fellow crewmembers, who turned an eye from their conversation to acknowledge her. There were quite a few races present in the room: Humans, Klingons, Bolians a Daa'V, but not one Vulcan—she wondered if she was the only one aboard.

Dr. Peterson was chatting with another officer when she approached. She courteously waited until he had finished his conversation, before introducing herself.

"Lt. Commander Sevryll" she said in an even voice.

"Doctor Casey Peterson" replied the chief medical officer. She detected a slight accent in his speech and instantly determined that the diminutive inflection, was that of a 'Texas drawl'. Fascinating... she thought to herself.

"Pleased to meet you Doctor. I received your message regarding the medical records of my children and that of myself. I apologize that I was not able to respond before the briefing."

"Not at all Lt. Commander," he said with a warm smile "Everyone has been occupied with finding their quarters and settling in...and you have your hands full with a pair of two-year-olds." His smile spread to a grin.

She met his affability with a reserved: "Thank you doctor." After a brief pause she continued, "I must admit I am perplexed by the absence of our medical files. Were they not transferred along with my personal records?" Inwardly, she wondered if her husband's employers were to blame for the missing files.

"No. That data was never uploaded...These things happen sometimes. Just bring your children by for a physical after you've settled in."

"I will doctor." Her eyes left his for a moment and settled on the Daa'V seated alone, pondering his ale at the bar. She recognized him from the records she had skimmed earlier in the day, as a science officer.

"It was nice to meet you... If you will excuse me doctor." She nodded politely to him and made her way over to the bar. "Ensign Morgen?" she inquired. "Sir" he said pushing his drink aside and straightening his posture. "I am Lt. Commander Sevryll." She offered her hand to Morgen. He hesitated temporarily before shaking it. "I look forward to serving with you Ensign." She said.  "And I you." He replied.

As they discussed the potential focus of their scientific studies, she noticed a Bajoran enter 5 Forward. Averik Nowol stopped just inside the door and scanned the crowd of loitering crewmembers. Sevryll watched as Averik's gaze came to rest on Captain Bell. What was a JAG officer doing on the Tiberius? Sevryll wondered to herself.

-----------------------------
Lt. Commander Sevryll
Chief Science Officer
U.S.S. Tiberius
Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Four Lights

-BOOM!- Explosions lit up the red horizon.
Red laser fire filled the crisp blood scented air.
The sounds of grunting, screaming, and battle cry's were louder then ever.
Brex stood on top of a Klingon Corpse,
and pulled his Batleth out from the heart of his enemy.
Brex looked up at the sky and his eyes widened,

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!"

He screamed, as tradition when killing a Klingon.
He surveyed the landscape. Looking for the one last Klingon,
Enoch.
Suddenly from in front of Brex came Enoch running grasping his Batleth in his hand.

"Today is a good day to die!"

Enoch yelled as he ran towards Brex.

Brex tried to defend him self, but he was too late.
CRUNCH!
The sound the Batleth ripping through his crafted steel armor was painful to the ear.
Brex looked down at the sword that pierced his heart. He fell on his knees, and looked up at Enoch.

"Today was a good day to..."

Enoch pulled the Batleth from Brex and he fell to the ground.

The Room dematerialized around them and became a room of metal wires running everywhere.

Enoch grabbed Brex's hand and pulled him to his feet. Brex wiped the blue blood off his lip, and smiled.

"You fight well for... a Bolian."
Enoch said with a look of surprise.

"Thanks! You fight well for a... a Klingon!"
Brex replied.

Brex punched Enoch in the arm playfully.
Enoch looked at Brex and punched him as well, not so playfully.
Brex bit his lip and rubbed his arm.

They both walked toward the doors of the Holodeck.
-HISS-
The door opened to revel a corridor leading to a turbolift.

They walked out and their armor faded away leaving Enoch in uniform, and Brex in Civilian clothing.

"Thanks for joining me in the holodeck, I needed to blow off some steam."
Brex patted Enoch on the back.

"Mister Brex, I would appreciate if you didn't touch me, and you are welcome. I enjoy a good battle any day. I noticed something earlier. You didn't welcome our Counselor so well."

"We... have old history."
Brex said quickly,

"History?"
Enoch asked,

"Yes, it's a long story. I'd rather not discuss it."

"If that is your wish, warrior Brex."

Enoch cracked a smile; it disappeared as quickly as it came.
They both walked into the turbo lift.

The doors closed.

"Bridge."
Enoch said to the computer.

"Five Forward."

Brex muttered,

-Beep Beep-

" Mister Brex, please report to the Captains Ready Room."
The voice of the captain spoke over the communication system.

Brex touched his combadge.

"I'll be right there Sir."

Brex looked confused, but then he remembered he had to talk with the Captain about his private dining room, this was a little early to talk about such matters though... maybe he wanted to inquire about his Father? Brex started to get nervous.

"Computer, cancel the order to Five Forward. Bridge."   

The computer beeped and the turbolift started to move.

"It is an honor to be asked to speak with the Captain... most of the time."

Enoch said bluntly.

"Exactly."

Brex took a deep breathe. The door to the bridge hissed opened.

--------------------------------
Brex
Bartender/Chef
U.S.S. Tiberius
"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Spock "Star Trek" 2009

PepperDude

Ensign Manrique looked around the crowded recreation room.  It was true that a few of the crew were Klingons but, to his surprise and dissapointment, none of them were in security or tactical.  Manrique found this strange--he'd thought a Klingon serving on a Federation starship would naturally choose to be in security or tactical.  Still, Manrique knew that a Klingon was a formidable opponent no matter what station he worked at.

He proceeded to introduce himself to Ensign Enoch.  As Enoch finished his drink, he stood up and walked out the door with Brex. "What kind of bartender leaves his bar unattended when it's this full?" thought the security officer.  "He must have some big personal problems.  I guess I'll have to ask our Chief Engineer if he'll teach me some of those Klingon martial arts techniques in the holodeck."

Manrique begans walking toward Chief Engineer K'arath and as he gets closer he notices that this Klingon is not very big at all.  In fact, while he is taller than the ensign, K'arath is noticeable thinner.  Not only is he smaller than the average Klingon, but he's of a lighter complexion too.  Somewhat perplexed, Manrique addresses the engineer, "Good afternoon sir.  I am security ensign Johnny Manrique.  I am honored to meet you."

"Good afternoon ensign.  I look forward to serving with you."

"Sir, I'm a motivated security officer and that's why I came to introduce myself.  I would like to learn some Klingon hand-to-hand combat techniques from a real Klingon instead of some holographic projection.  If you have time one of these days, I would be honored to learn some things from you.  I'm sure there's something I could teach you as well.  So what do you say sir?"

-------------------------
Ensign Johnny Manrique
Security
USS Tiberius

http://www.treksf.com/forums/index.php?topic=1554.0

Bryancd

K'arath regarded Ensign Manrique. He was of slightly larger build with a skin tone that was fairly close to his own. His dark eyes beterayed no sense of malice and he presented a very friendly face. K'arath respected that such a junior officer would readily approach a senior officer with such a request, let alone a Klingon. He hoped that any preconceptions about Klingon's personalitites wouldn't prejudice the other crew's attitude towards him.

"I would welcome that Ensign. The Mok'bara is a time honored tradition on Kronos, combining both elements of attack as well as defense. I often find it's symetry of movements similar to those practiced on earth in a discipline known as Tai Chi or perhaps you are more fimiliar with capuara?"

Manrique smiled at the reference to the Brazillian dance form based on a martial art. Although he was from Nicaragua, he appreciated the effort made by the Lt. Commander to acknowledge his lineage, although the image of him dancing with the Chief Engineer in the holodeck almost made him laugh out loud.

"Well, sir, I would welcome the opportunity," Manrique managed to say instead.

"Excellent, I look forward to putting you through your paces, Ensign, but I warn you, do not let my stature fool you into complacency," K'arath said, with just a hint of a smile on his face.

iceman

After the briefing I had nice chat with Lt. Commander Sevryll and she will bring her children in for a medical, I found her quite pleasant for a vulcan and bery warm, I look forward to talking to her about her archeology interest.

I headed fro sick bay for my meeting with counsellor Margon. Arriving early I pulled out a bottle of Romulan Ale which I thought we would share before we began and placed a gift on the table for him , an old 20 century text book on early psychiatric History. that I thought he would find facinating.

At this point the door opened and I greeted Counsellor Margan and welcomed him to sickbay. I handed him the old Psychology Book and he was quite pleased and facinated with it as I was on his book of 20 century medical procedures.

As we got down to business I offered him a glass of Romulan Ale and assured him it was purly for madicinal purposes.

I suggested that we should offer each of the department heads a course in Advanced first aid and field medical training, as sick bay is understaffed at the moment and feel that this would be an advantage on any away missions.

I also will need to talk to talk to the chief of security as well and want to discuss the importance of having each of his team complete this training, as security officers tend to be the ones that get injured the most and have just sent him an email requesting a meeting.

I then asked him if he had any issues that I needed to be aware of or any recommendations for anything he wanted me to include in oriantation. I also offered him an office in sickbay as it was less cramped then the usual counsellor offices. I suggested that we get to gether weekly to discuss any issues that come up so that we can both can keep a handle on any issues before they get started.

I thanked him for his gift and found him to be a very warm and most competant person, However I noticed that something was troubleling and told him my door was always open.

I then sent an email to the XO with my proposal for advanced field medical training for all department heads and security staff, and also reminded him of my advanced legal degree in starfleet law and diplomacy and suggested that I might be able to help our young Jag officer if needed.

All in all I thought this day went well and sat and silently comtemplated the days events before heading to 5 forward.

bigtmac68

Miyamoto walked toward the bar at the end of the briefing feeling optimistic for the upcoming mission. He was impressed with what he had seen of the crew and the new first officer had made a good impression as well.

As he walked toward the bar he noticed the new Klingon helmsman Enoch drinking a cup of rakdijino and smiled more broadly.

" Brax-san makes an amazing brew does he not brother?" Miyamoto said in flawless Klingoneese.

Enoch looked towards him and did a double take, this human standing before him not only spoke with the perfect dialect of the homeworld Kronos, but also wore the honor sash of a minor noble house. Stranger still, instead of the D'k tahg honor blade at his hip he wore a pair of strangely ornate blades in jade sheathes one shorter than the other.

Enoch did not know quite what to say, so he was relived when Brax spoke first.

" Your not seeing things Ensign, the Lieutenant here was raised on Kronos and recived his military training at the Warriors Academy. "

" So why are you serving here?" Enoch asked pointedly.

" I owe a life debt to Captain Bell, my familly was in blood fued with the house of M'krath. Captain Bell was responsible for the destruction of the houses starship, and thus ended the fued." Miyamot shrugged.

" So, both as a Klingon warrior, and a samurai, I am his man."

Enoch nodded, satisfied that the man was properly honorable, and pulled out a stool.

"Join me then brother."

" Of course, but I must tell you that you are in for another suprise." he smiled at Brex " It seems our friend behind the bar here has recived a fresh shipment of Gagh."

" Not to mention the 4 cases of bloodwine that the lieutentant here just brought back from khithomer."

Enoch looked back and forth from the two men and smiled broadly, if briefly.

" It seems that this ship knows how to treat a warrior after all. " the klingon said.

" So it does my brother. " Miyamoto agreed. " If you can you should join our Chief engineer and myself after duty shifts tonight for a bottle of boodwine and and a rousing rendition of The dirge of kor the dahar master."
Big T Mac ; aka Cowboy Troy, aka , Philly Samurai

6'3" 415 lbs of Raging Geek Fury !!!!!!

"Generally Speaking, the way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death."

Miyamoto Musashi, Book of 5 Rings

Bryancd

K'arath excused himself from Ensign Manrique and made his way over to the bar where the Klingon Helmsman Enoch was in conversation with a human wearing a honor sash. Curious. He had already spent a good amnount of time coordinating refit efforts with Enoch and found him very....Klingon. He was still ensure of the impression he had made on the slightly younger Klingon, but found him respectful and an efficient helmsman.

Having over heard part of their converstaion, he jumped in.

"Well, I hav enever been partial to Gagh, but Bloodwine and song...as the terrans are found of saying, count me in."

RicSantiago

Science ensign Morgen was still a little off-balance. When approached by his new direct officer, he responded her salute with a "Sir" instead of a "Madam" – he was unsure of the protocol, but he thought "Ma'am" would have been the most adequate response.

Anyway, he was pleased to be discussing with her their prospective studies. But, then he noticed her attention going suddenly astray - and he followed her sight. She was staring at a Bajoran. He couldn't stop himself of asking her: "Commander, isn't that Avrik Newol, on whose file I saw "Advocate", or "Judge", I'm not certain, as her position? What place has such position in the hierarchy of a military ship? I thought the captain, followed by the XO, had the right to judge and to determine penalties – and promotions, for that matter – for the entire crew. Would there be enough cases to be tried (or to be investigated) daily, as to keep her productive??"

And, curious, he waited for the answer...

-------------

Ensign Leslie Morgen
science officer

Trekkygeek

Lt. Peters was looking around at the crew gathered in the Rec. room. Everyone was looking  intently at the Captain so they didn't notice Rhys scanning everyone. It was a habit of his to notice any small details that might help him in his job. He noticed a couple of Klingons in the room. He had had painful dealings with Klingons but was glad to have them on his side, pity that he didn't have any in security. At 25 years old, he was young for such a big posting and he was worried he would let the Captain and Commander down, still, he felt a little better when Commander Quinn acknowledged him with a nod.
  He knew that the briefing would finish soon and that he would have to mingle with the others. He was quite a closed character and it took a while for him to open up to people.
"Dismissed" said Quinn and everyone clapped and started to mingle.
"Look what the cat dragged in" Quinn said with a broad smile on his face.
The two men embraced. "Its good to see you my friend"
"Nathan Nathan, Errmm I mean Commander, Am I glad to see you. Rhys' face broke into a wide grin. This was the first time he had been genuinely pleased since boarding the Starbase. Commander Quinn always knew how to put him at ease. If it hadn't been for the commander, Rhys hated to think where he would have ended up.
"Are you ready for your first assignment on a Starship?" asked the Commander.
"A little nervous" he replied, "I'm glad there is a familiar face to help me settle in. I also brought Phil and Grant with me. They are going nuts about being in such a small cage and just want to get out".
  The two men chatted a little more while Rhys was still taking in the crew. He noticed the bar and suddenly fancied a drink. He excused himself and walked up to the Bartender, a Bolian.
"Beer Please, and make it a strong one"
You could learn something from Mr Spock Doctor..... Stop thinking with your glands"

wso32

The words, "Beer please caught the attention of Talon Bowers ears as he entered the room and noticed his new boss, Lt Peters at the bar being served a very cold frosted beer.

"Mind if I join you Lt?" Talon said. "I just thought I should introduce myself, Talon Bowers, Sir."  Lt Peters smiled as he recognized him from the personnel reports he had reviewed.  "Pleasure to meet you" he replied.

Talon had wanted to meet Lt Peters ever since he heard of his legendary bar fight with the Klingons and getting to serve under him was all he could handle.  He was nervous an anxious as he tried to make conversation with Lt. Peters at the bar.

After a couple of beers, they really started talking about the differences from growing up in San Fran vs Boston, whose sports teams were better, who had the better looking girls, etc.  They laughed, argued and razzed each other and began to realize that this assignment might be just what the two of them needed.

bigtmac68

Late that evening....

" I cant wait to try out your modifications to the phaser targeting array commander. Last time we took the ship into battle, I had difficulty with targeting delay when rapidly changing targets. "

The Chief Engineer K'rath nodded. " It is good that the captain ordered you to check with me on the refit modifications. You would likley have underestimated our tactical capabilities if you were not fully aware of all the upgrades we have made while you were on leave the last two weeks. "

The pair turned onto another corridor as Miyamoto replied. " I am honestly amazed that you have acomplished so much in so short a time K'rath-sama. It will be an more than just an honor to have you aboard, it will be a great advantage as well. "

"You are too polite for a Klingon Miyamoto, how did you survive on Kronos with such manners?"

Moto laughed heartilly before he responded again. " Oh, fear not my brother, I know how to act when among warriors alone. You will see tonight, when the bloodwine flows, My heart is as Klingon as Khaless himself."

The pair were laughing lightly together as they entered 5 forward once again. A quick survey of the room showed that Enoch had not yet arrived, so the two took up residence at the far corner of the bar and left one seat open for the young ensign.

"Two bottles of bloodwine" Moto growled, his hand pounding the bar. " You have Klingons here with a warriors thirst!"

A moment later each man held a large glass bottle filled with a thick crimson liquid high in one arm as they made the first toast of the night.

" To the USS Tiberius, " K'rath barked eliciting an uneven response of random affirmations from the rest of the bar " may her shields never waver!"

The pair crossed bottles and took long drafts of wine. After a few more toasts, they were just drunk enough to begin the first song of the night.

me-ko ka-ra
eng-do ki-la
key-do-sum, ka-reH-do key-la
sutem-pa raH-do
ma-ra eh- Kor

re-ka
re-ka
re-ka

da-so pa-ca-re
key ro-kah
ro-kah
ro-kah
ro-kah .............

{ translation:

See the number of fires burning clearly
Good fortune for the mighty Commander
Great luck, I discipline my hails of fortune to you, Commanders
Hail appreciation through your silence
Our Commander Kor

Hail again
Hail again
Hail again

You always cloak it thereabouts
the Fist of the Commander's hits

the Fist of the Commander
the Fist of the Commander
the Fist of the Commander  }
Big T Mac ; aka Cowboy Troy, aka , Philly Samurai

6'3" 415 lbs of Raging Geek Fury !!!!!!

"Generally Speaking, the way of the warrior is resolute acceptance of death."

Miyamoto Musashi, Book of 5 Rings

Elizur

Enoch walked through the corridor.  He was going to his quarters.  He had had enough of this socializing thing. 

He thought of the evening - which was still young - and had much to consider. 

He had laughed tonight.  Twice!

First Miyamoto, the tactical officer, and surprised him with his Klingon roots.  Enoch felt a connection with him immediately, it was very unusual.  Usually, Enoch only enjoyed the company of other Klingons. 

This was a bit upsetting as Miyamoto held the position he dreamed of...tactical.  A position that mattered.  A position of power.  He had hoped to dislike the person in that role. But, he could not. 

And then, Brex had fought him well in the holodeck.  Enoch rubbed his side, where a nicely placed kick from Brex had surprised him. 

Again, Enoch connected with another non-Klingon.  Even when Enoch had  admonished Brex for being too familiar, Brex took it in stride.   And...Enoch had asked a personal question of Brex. Even as Enoch asked, he was surprised.  He was also oddly curious about what was between Brex and Lt. Margon. 

Enoch reached his quarters.  It was enough.  He had been invited to spend time with both Miyamoto and K'arath in 5 Forward.  But he was...uncomfortable with his comfort of the evening. 

He shook his head.  What a ridiculous thought.  Enoch shook his head, and walked to 5 Forward.

When he entered, he saw both Miyamoto and K'arath there, and an empty chair. 

Enoch sat down with his new friends. 

Four Lights

"Hello everyone. Mind if I take a seat here?"

Brex asked Miyamoto, K'arath and Enoch, who were sitting at a table in Five Forward.

Enoch pushed Miyamoto over 2 feet and pulled a chair in-between them.
Miyamoto looked at Enoch, he looked like he was going to ask him why he pushed him. Then he shifted his attention back on talking with K'arath.

"Here, Warrior Brex."

"Why, thank you."

Brex sat down and looked at everyone talking to each other.
Miyamoto and K'arath were as drunk as they could get. Often slurred words and Klingon drinking songs filled the air.

Enoch looked at Brex.

Brex sat nervously moving his fingers. He kept thinking about his meeting with the Captain.

"A round of bloodwine! For all of us!"

Enoch said raising his fist in the air.

"I think these two have already had enough to drink... but I will bring some out for you. Besides, we don't want to run out before we even leave space dock."

Brex answered,

"Understandable."
Enoch said while he shook his head in agreement.

Brex walked to the back and brought back a metal mug of Bloodwine. He set it on the table in front of Enoch. Enoch picked up the mug and took a long few gulps. He set it down hard and shook the table.

"A great year!"

"Yes, I know."

Brex reached into one of his pockets and pulled out a small blue pipe. He pushed a button on the side and it started to glow. He inhaled and blew out a puff a blue smoke.

-BEEP-BEEP-

The computer chirped. And an alarm started to go off.

"Alert! Fire suppression system activated!"
A beam came from the ceiling and put out the burning substance within the pipe.

Brex looked at the pipe. He blinked a few times. He stared in disbelief.

Miyamoto and K'arath looked at Brex. K'arath picked up the pipe and turned it upside down and smelled it. He handed it back to Brex. Miyamoto and K'arath  started to laugh a deep Klingon laugh.

Enoch started to smile and broke out laughing as well.

"It's really not that funny."

Brex said annoyed.

Enoch hit Brex on the back. Brex sighed.

Brex was happy to have friends on this ship, he always liked Klingons, Enoch seemed like he would get along quite well with him.

Brex reached over to Enoched mug, he took a large drink. Enoch pulled the mug back, and drank more.

Brex looked out one of the windows behind K'arath and saw the shipyard with arms extending to hold the ship.
He saw the stars they glowed unusually bright tonight.
His mind wandered with where this ship was going to take him, and what would happen.
He even thought, maybe he could become friends with his father.
That thought quickly evolved into fear,
what if he could never work up the courage to talk to him again.

--------------------------------
Brex
Bartender/Chef
U.S.S. Tiberius
"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth." -Spock "Star Trek" 2009

Four Lights

[Glynnpeters] 3:02 pm: greetings Bar Tender
[Four Lights] 3:02 pm:      haha
[Four Lights] 3:02 pm: hi
[Glynnpeters] 3:02 pm: a glass of your best romulan ale
[Four Lights] 3:02 pm: what Romulan ale?     
[Four Lights] 3:02 pm: I don't think I know what you're talking about...
[Glynnpeters] 3:03 pm: well , it is banned
[Glynnpeters] 3:03 pm: ok
[Glynnpeters] 3:03 pm: ill have a mint julep
[Four Lights] 3:03 pm: I could handle that. be right up
[Glynnpeters] 3:03 pm: thank you , stout yeoman of the bar
[Four Lights] 3:03 pm: my pleasure, it's what I do.
[Glynnpeters] 3:04 pm: have a drink yourself , mine genial host
[Four Lights] 3:04 pm: sure I will be right back.
[Glynnpeters] 3:04 pm: an end of a busy day
[Glynnpeters] 3:05 pm: engineering has been CRAZY
[Glynnpeters] 3:05 pm: but great news...the holodeck is almost ready
[Four Lights] 3:06 pm: thats good. I already tried the smaller one on deck 4. pretty good for battle simulations.
[Glynnpeters] 3:06 pm: a few tweaks needed still
[Four Lights] 3:07 pm: I am excited to try the new one! I heard there is a few new features.
[Glynnpeters] 3:07 pm: it does have new programmes
[Four Lights] 3:07 pm: Please remind me of who you are again sir?
[Glynnpeters] 3:07 pm: I am Holodeck Intendant Gorjano Pedro
[Four Lights] 3:08 pm: sorry so many new faces, it's hard to keep them in line in my head. It's nice to meet you sir!
[Glynnpeters] 3:08 pm: and I was only kidding about the Romulan Ale...so do not report me.
[Four Lights] 3:09 pm: I don't remember you asking for anything     
[Four Lights] 3:09 pm: like that at least      it's between you  and me
[Four Lights] 3:09 pm: no worries.
[Four Lights] 3:09 pm: So, tell me about your life?
[Four Lights] 3:09 pm: I am a great listener.
[Glynnpeters] 3:09 pm: thank you...you are Brex yes?
[Four Lights] 3:10 pm: Yes, born and bred for bartending!
[Glynnpeters] 3:10 pm: i have heard of your listening skills in this quadrant you are well known
[Four Lights] 3:11 pm: they should be. this is my first posting to a star ship though, I jumped at the offer to work here.
[Glynnpeters] 3:11 pm: we are lucky to have you aboard
[Glynnpeters] 3:11 pm: i have been in star fleet for 2 years
[Four Lights] 3:12 pm: working your way though the ranks?
[Glynnpeters] 3:12 pm: i hope not
[Glynnpeters] 3:12 pm: i simply want to do my job quietly and efficiently
[Four Lights] 3:12 pm: ha ya, I tried the Star Fleet officer thing... didn't work out for me.
[Glynnpeters] 3:12 pm: no
[Glynnpeters] 3:13 pm: i am seeking my own path
[Four Lights] 3:13 pm: do you always want to be in starfleet or do you have an other future in mind
[Four Lights] 3:13 pm: ?
[Glynnpeters] 3:14 pm: i will go where the prophets allow me
[Four Lights] 3:14 pm: ahhh... the prophets... I have heard much about them, I had a good friend who was Bajorian
[Glynnpeters] 3:15 pm: now you have another friend
[Four Lights] 3:16 pm: I happen to have some Hasperat souffle direct from Bajor!
[Glynnpeters] 3:17 pm: i will trade it for a poker hologram program!
[Four Lights] 3:17 pm: I could part with that for that kind of a deal. It's a deal.
[Glynnpeters] 3:18 pm: mmmmm...nice...deep pan hasperat souffle is an art...
[Glynnpeters] 3:19 pm: spicy too
[Glynnpeters] 3:19 pm: eye wateringly so
[Four Lights] 3:20 pm: It's a flavor to get used to, but I aquired a taste for it when I went to Bajor for a year, I was seeking out new
ways to prepare food.
[Four Lights] 3:20 pm: Along with my friend...
[Glynnpeters] 3:20 pm: some like it spicier and brinier than others
[Four Lights] 3:20 pm: Jolene Kin was her name...
[Four Lights] 3:21 pm: that was years ago though... Do you have anyone important in you'
[Four Lights] 3:21 pm: r life.
[Glynnpeters] 3:22 pm: my sisters and brothers on bajor
[Glynnpeters] 3:23 pm: take this holo-program- it is a match up from the old casino in Manchester England
[Four Lights] 3:23 pm: Thanks, Pedro. I am excited to try it out.
[Glynnpeters] 3:24 pm: you are welcome
[Glynnpeters] 3:24 pm: well , duty calls
[Four Lights] 3:25 pm: Yes I hear a stew calling my name in the kitchen
[Four Lights] 3:25 pm: Farewell.
[Glynnpeters] 3:25 pm: farewell , brex...see you soon
[Four Lights] 3:25 pm: and whatever you do... don't punch a Klingon.

Archangela

"Captain Bell" Avrik Newol, JAG Officer said, "I want to apologize for being gone at the first briefing."

"There is no need, but your intent is appreciated." the Captain replied, "Only one thing, you will be required to wear a federation uniform to all future briefings."

"Understood, but Captain if I could..." Officer Avrik asked, "My quarters are very cramped. I much preferred the room I was given as a guest." She smiled, "Is there any way I could talk you into allowing me to keep my previous quarters? With all of the work you are aware I have to do, I will be a better asset with a bigger room."

The Captain looked at her knowingly, but did not want to tip his hand. "You will stay in your crew quarters for the time being. Please feel free and visit with your crewmates, as you are now part of the crew  even as a civilian. We will have a private breifing early tomorrow."

"Sure Captain, whatever you say. I look forward to it." And Avrik turned toward the bar without another word to the Captain.
"Captain, I protest, I am not a merry man!"