Big Bang Theory

Started by Geekyfanboy, September 25, 2007, 08:59:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Good for them.  I enjoy both those characters and it balances the guy/girl ratio out a bit more than just having Penny deal with the geeks.

Rico

Geekyfanboy

CBS Posts Full Episodes of The Big Bang Theory Online for the First Time
November 17, 2010 at 3:20 pm

Has the sun exploded? It must have, because The Big Bang Theory has finally, after seasons upon seasons of withholding its comedic goodness from the Web, posted its two most recent episodes... online.

There are a lot of whispers surrounding The Big Bang Theory's absence online thus far, but most surround the notion that the TV show's producer, Chuck Lorre, stood between his programming and the Internet. Lorre posted his feelings on the subject back in 2008, but that was in the midst of the WGA strike, which aimed to protect union writers in part by granting them compensation for online content. Though the strike's outcome did promise writers with a little compensation for new media distribution, Lorre's hesitation to post his projects online seemed to linger.

The first sign of hope came when Lorre's other hit CBS comedy, Two and a Half Men, began posting episodes online earlier this season, and his latest series, Mike & Molly, posts free full episodes every so often, though not consistently. But would the network ever feel comfortable distributing its prized possession and one of its highest rated comedies online... for free?

Today, the answer is "yes." No word on whether or not the trend will continue, but I'm sure fans everywhere hope this media explosion morphs into a brand new universe for CBS: one in which episodes are made available on a weekly basis and all fears of missing out when it airs Thursday nights are forgotten.

Watch both available episodes of The Big Bang Theory right here, right now. http://www.clicker.com/tv/the-big-bang-theory/

Rico

sheldor

Rico

Looks like a fun episode tonight.  I found this interesting from a recent Entertainment Weekly article...

....Cut to 2010, when another salary renegotiation is winding its way through the halls of Warner Bros. TV. It just so happens to involve a comedy that's pretty much replaced Friends in terms of popularity, critical praise, and its ability to generate millions in revenue: The Big Bang Theory. As is customary for any successful show approaching its fifth and sixth years (Bang is currently in its fourth season), the core ensemble of five have jockeyed for more money. Interestingly, three of those castmembers — Jim Parsons, Kaley Cuoco and Johnny Galecki — initially decided to follow in the footsteps of the Friends actors by negotiating as one but, as first reported by Deadline, the Emmy-winning Parsons made the decision to break away and negotiate on his own. Lucky for Cuoco and Galecki, his strategy didn't work, and now all three are earning roughly $200,000 per episode this season — up from $60k last year — and will see $50,000 bumps each year over the next three years, as well as a piece of the comedy's rich syndication profits.

That left Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar, who negotiated separately. Though it can be argued that Parsons, Cuoco and Galecki are lead material, both Helberg and Nayyar are certainly integral to the show's success. Indeed, some of the comedy's best moments are when Parsons, Galecki, Helberg and Nuyyar are together. But clearly, the studio wasn't looking to follow a favored nations strategy because Helberg, who plays Howard Wolowitz, just closed a deal to earn north of $100,000 per episode, EW has confirmed. That's up from around $40,000, but nowhere near what Parsons, Galecki and Cuoco are making.

Though Nayyar (Raj) has yet to sign a new pact of his own, it doesn't appear that he was offered the same amount as Helberg or else he would have signed by now. Reportedly, Nayyar is expected to close a deal shortly; if not, the negotiations could be postponed to season's end and he'll have to continue earning around $25k per episode under his current, six-year contract. But it would be wrong to assume this was a contentious negotiation, said one interested party. "Granted, no one was skipping to the mailbox and cashing a check — there was some teeth pulling — but in the end, everybody is going to make a ton of money," the source said.

Read it all here:  http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/11/23/the-big-bang-theory-salary-renegotiations/

Geekyfanboy

Yeah I saw talk of this on twitter last week. 

sheldor

$200,000/episode - oh gee - whatever will they DO?

X

Quote from: sheldor on December 09, 2010, 05:37:08 PM
$200,000/episode - oh gee - whatever will they DO?
Well, you have to look at it like the business it is. The network and the production company is making serious money from it and have been for a while. If the ratings are high, the network can charge more money for ad space. Should only the network and the production company be the only ones to reap the rewards of the success?

loutzee

Did anyone see Simon Helberg in studio 60 on the sunset strip he was very good and could do a wide range of part just in that show,
I just wonder if Big Bang ended how many of them would go on to succeed in other projects.
I know Johnny Galecki was in roseanne and that was big in it's time so that two hit show for him.
But are they all now forever typecast.
"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."

Rico

I think they all deserve the money they make - and more.  The move to Thursday has been a big success and the ratings are better than ever.  It comes down to simple economics.  The network is making plenty off this show and will make more in syndication, DVD's, etc.  They wouldn't pay it if they couldn't afford it.  This is the same a pro sports guys, movie stars, etc.  If they bring in a lot of money, they will get a good chunk of it.

As far as type casting most of the cast has done other stuff too.  So I think they'll do fine.  I could easily see Kaley Cuoco move into movies.  Jim Parsons too.  I also saw Simon Helberg in "Studio 60" (a really good show by the way).  It will be fun to see where they all eventually move on to.

Rico

Mostly reruns of shows this week, but a NEW "BIG BANG THEORY!"  Looks awesome!!

The Big Bang Theory - The Justice League Recombination - 4x11 - Promo

Rico

Fun episode again last night.  Loved the little bit at the very end too with Flash Sheldon.  Oh, did anyone else notice Penny (Kaley Cuoco) limping when they were all walking down the street after the party?  I think this one was maybe filmed not too long after she got her leg cast off.

Rico

Such an awesome episode from Thursday.  Love it when they all dress up in costume!

Rico

Not much of a preview (more of a reminder), but there is a NEW Big Bang Theory on tonight (1/6/11).

The Big Bang Theory - The Bus Pants Utilization