• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

The Prisoner. Is it Important

Started by Meds, February 21, 2008, 02:39:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

WOW!  This is getting me excited!

Poodyglitz

Please, God, let the writing and art direction be good. It's going to be hard to equal the original. Having good actors helps, though. There seems to be no indication of when it will be shown on AMC — unless I'm so tired that I'm missing it. All I see is "in 2009".

Ktrek

Looks like, for a TV production, it will actually be good! Nice cast for sure!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Meds

Rico

sheldor

Looks great.

I'm going to have to put the original on my netlflix list - hope there is time before the remakes debut.

Jaames

Wow, I have the DVD set of the original series but haven't made it around to watching them yet. I wanted to get through all of Danger Man and Secret Agent Man first since some say that the Prisoner is almost/maybe/might be a sequel to them. I'm gonna have to hurry up.

SPOCKFAN

Anyone see that a Prisoner Remake is coming out in august?

Rico

Already being talked about in the other Prisoner thread going.  So, I'll merge this.

Meds

And of course we have the Treks in Sci Fi Prisoner podcast coming up this Sunday the 7th of June hosted by some geek who turns up here everynow and again.

SPOCKFAN

SPOCKFAN

I had never seen The Prisoner before. I watched the first episode last night. I loved it. What a great show.  The giant white bubble reminds me of the smoke monster from Lost. Any idea if the creators of Lost have ever mentioned the similarity before. I wonder if they were fans of the Prisoner, and if the smoke monster is a homage to the menacing white bubble!

ChadH

If I remember correctly the white bubble was named Rover. The really cool thing I remember about it was how all the inhabitants of the Village would completely freeze in place whenever Rover was bouncing along looking for its target.  :blink

In the 90's DC Comics' Vertigo line did an "authorized" graphic novel which supposedly provided an ending to the story of the Prisoner. I haven't read it myself.

A Prisoner movie sounds great. Ian Mckellen is a natural choice for Number 2.