• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Trek News - TNG Remastered Like TOS

Started by News Bot, July 28, 2007, 05:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on August 08, 2012, 04:07:14 PM
Still though, any news on a new box set coming out. I'm not buying these only to have to phone them up to send out another disc.

If you mean for season one only - yeah, sure.  Basically once they found the problem all new discs are being made with the new audio mixing.  Wait a month or two if you want to be sure before buying the set.

Meds

Thanks Rico, thinking of putting it on a Christmas List.

bevs_plaything

Quote from: Rico on August 08, 2012, 03:18:10 PM
UK disc replacement program info:

Update: Aug 8, 2012: UK Disk Replacement Service
Paramount Home Entertainment (UK) have confirmed details for a blu-ray disk replacement service for those fans who purchased the set in the UK. The full details are included below:

We have discovered an anomaly in the English 7.1 DTS Master Audio track in our Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 Blu-ray Box set. There are some episodes that inadvertently had their front channel designations incorrectly mapped, resulting in an undesired playback experience when listening to them in a 7.1 or 5.1 Surround Sound environment. In addition, we have taken this opportunity to correct a few minor issues that were found on other episodes.

We are quickly working to remedy the situation by recalling affected product and replacing it. Corrected versions can be identified by the appearance of a red Delta on the spine and will contain barcode no: 5051368241838 for ease of identification. If you purchased the box set prior to the recall, this will be replaced and will be made available free of charge. Please email stng@sonydadc.com for details regarding the replacement program. You may also call 01992 657 739 Monday-Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.

We strive to provide our fans the best Blu-ray experience possible and sincerely apologise for this inconvenience.

Rico, Thanks for the information.  I think I'll hold off until the sales after Christmas now.

Ktrek

My replacement discs arrived yesterday. If anyone would like to have the four original discs I would be glad to mail them to you. It would be an inexpensive way for you to see if you want to invest in your own copy. They replaced discs 1, 3,4, & 5. In all honesty I couldn't really hear that much of a problem with the original discs. I'd be interested to know if anyone here has heard the audio issues and where they are located.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Glad the discs are making their way out there.  Still waiting on mine.

moyer777

Kevin, I'll be glad to pay shipping for them!  I'd love to see them!

Rick

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Ktrek

Quote from: moyer777 on September 02, 2012, 09:27:24 AM
Kevin, I'll be glad to pay shipping for them!  I'd love to see them!

Rick

They're yours Rick!

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

moyer777

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Rico

Season Two coming on December 4th!  Details below:

CBS have today announced an official release date for the sophomore season of Star Trek: The Next Generation on blu-ray. The 5-disc set is due for release on December 4 in the U.S. and Canadian markets. Furthermore, an initial outline of bonus features has also been published to give fans an idea of what's to come on the set:

Episodic Promos
Gag Reel
Audio Commentary on "Q Who" with Dan Curry, Rob Bowman and Mike Okuda
Audio Commentary on "The Measure of a Man" with Melinda Snodgrass, Robert Scheerer and Mike Okuda
Featurette: Reunification: 25 Years After The Next Generation (HD)
The Measure of a Man (HD Extended Version)
Featurette: Making It So: Continuing The Next Generation (HD)
All SD features originally included on the DVD release
CBS should be releasing a more detailed breakdown of these features in due course. Be prepared for some amazing surprises in the Season 2 set... whilst we can't publish any of the details just yet, I assure you that the TNG-R Season 2 Blu-Rays could quite easily go down in Trek history as the BEST Star Trek home entertainment release ever produced. Watch this space!

Finally - a quick note on our interview with CBS Digital. I spoke to the multi-talented crew headed up by Craig Weiss last Friday. I was able to put many of your questions to Craig and the team, and will be publishing the interview in full starting next week. Thanks to everyone for all their emails and questions!

http://tng.trekcore.com/bluray/09052012_s2initial.html

Ktrek

I was glad to read this today. I just hope they can continue to release at least two seasons a year. We all want season 3 and 4 ASAP!

Kevin

Jobydrone

Only two audio commentaries?  Such a shame.  I hate to be negative, I really do, but I expected more from these sets.  The features were so rich and detailed on the DVD releases and I was so excited each time a new season released.  For some reason I just don't feel the same here.  Maybe it's just because they're all already on my shelf and also readily available at the click of a button on Netflix, Amazon, etc. 
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

Woops, I was a day off in the news section of the podcast. I said it was the 5th of December. I stand corrected, must've read it wrong.

Rico

Quote from: Jobydrone on September 11, 2012, 06:57:29 AM
Only two audio commentaries?  Such a shame.  I hate to be negative, I really do, but I expected more from these sets.  The features were so rich and detailed on the DVD releases and I was so excited each time a new season released.  For some reason I just don't feel the same here.  Maybe it's just because they're all already on my shelf and also readily available at the click of a button on Netflix, Amazon, etc. 

More?!?  It's taken a lot of work to just get them all put back together in hidef for Blu-Ray from the various film elements.  Plus we are getting new effects, new features, new commentaries, extended episodes!!!  And trust me, once you watch a TNG in hidef on Blu-Ray you won't be pulling any DVD's off your shelf again.

Jobydrone

You're probably right, and I should say I have not seen these in HD.  I guess I've been spoiled by all your full show commentaries, Rico.  Audio commentaries with people behind the scenes have long been my favorite features ever since DVD was first introduced, so yeah, I'd love to see more of these on these sets.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

Dangelus

There is some awesome stuff on these sets but I've gotta say I'm a big fan of good audio commentary too. I don't expect them to have one for each episode but it would be nice to get them on a few key episodes from every season. I think they got it right with the 2 episodes they have picked for season 2.

What episodes would you like to see commentaries for in the upcoming seasons? Season 3 has to be "Yesterday's Enterprise" and "Best Of Both Worlds - part 1"