• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Don't forget to drop a review on iTunes for the podcast sometime or send a donation in for the show.

Main Menu

Trek News - TNG Remastered Like TOS

Started by News Bot, July 28, 2007, 05:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dangelus

I'm wondering if they'll recall these sets globally. Otherwise you're only choice will be to buy the existing set and request the replacement discs...

Meds

It will be global I should think. Of course it depends on sales

Ktrek

Quote from: Rico on August 01, 2012, 08:32:13 AM

Really a bad way to start this Blu-Ray series off.  I'm going to look into this.  If I have to bother sending them the bad discs I'm just going to return my set to Amazon for a full refund.

You don't have to send the discs back but Sony does want the code on the first disc. It begins with SL and is really hard to see. I could not read the whole code with the naked eye. I had to borrow a magnifying glass to read it and even then the disc had to be held just right to get the light to reflect in such a way to be able to see the numbers. Anyway, if you do the call thing be sure you have that code because they will ask for it. Replacements will be mailed after the 10th of August. Pretty good response time considering.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Rico

Yep.  This is the email I received back from them:

To receive replacement discs 1, 3 and 4  for Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 Blu-ray, please Reply to this email and provide the following information:

Your Name

Your Address

Your City, Your State  Your Zip

Your Phone Number

The entire Inner ID number, located on the back of disc 1, 3 or 4 on the inner hub.  It should begin with the letters SL

Replacement discs will be available beginning August 10th.  We will ship out within 5 days of this date.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

So, I think I'll keep my set for now and get the replacements.  This way I'll still have the future collectible of the "bad audio" disc versions too.  LOL!

moyer777

well if anyone replaces the discs and doesn't want them, I would be up for paying the shipping on them to get to my house!  I don't care about the sound problem, and would love to see them in HD.

I have been and always will be, your friend.
Listen to our podcast each week http://www.takehimwithyou.com

Dangelus

To clear be the audio issue only affects the 7.1 HD mix of the audio right? I wonder if the DTS core (ie the audio used with a regular DTS 5.1 system) is unaffected? Obviously if you're playing them in a stereo mix down you have no issues.

I think 7.1 systems are still pretty niche so I doubt there are a huge number of people affected by this.

Rico

Meds

As i said earlier as well some people have had freezing problems on those same discs. Can't see how that can be linked but hey if its happening to people then I hope the new discs are completely fault free. Any news on new box sets coming out.

Dangelus

Ktrek

Quote from: HawkeyeMeds on August 03, 2012, 01:25:26 PM
As i said earlier as well some people have had freezing problems on those same discs. Can't see how that can be linked but hey if its happening to people then I hope the new discs are completely fault free. Any news on new box sets coming out.

The freezing issues are probably firmware related and should be resolved on most payers by updating the firmware. There is an audio sync problem apparently on the special features only but it seems that it has more to do with Blu-Ray settings than it does with an actual problem with the disc themselves. At least that's what Digital Bits reported.

Kevin
"Oh...Well, Who am I to argue with me?" Dr. Bashir - Visionary - Deep Space Nine

Ktrek

Oh...I also meant to report that I called the number and was on hold for less than five minutes and it took maybe another five to give my info. All they do is ask for the SL number and if that is confirmed they get your name, address, telephone number and email. She said discs will be shipped out after the 10th of August and no return of the old discs.

Kevin

Dangelus

Rico

Capturing a few images off the season one set on my PC.  Looks very nice!

Rico

UK disc replacement program info:

Update: Aug 8, 2012: UK Disk Replacement Service
Paramount Home Entertainment (UK) have confirmed details for a blu-ray disk replacement service for those fans who purchased the set in the UK. The full details are included below:

We have discovered an anomaly in the English 7.1 DTS Master Audio track in our Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 Blu-ray Box set. There are some episodes that inadvertently had their front channel designations incorrectly mapped, resulting in an undesired playback experience when listening to them in a 7.1 or 5.1 Surround Sound environment. In addition, we have taken this opportunity to correct a few minor issues that were found on other episodes.

We are quickly working to remedy the situation by recalling affected product and replacing it. Corrected versions can be identified by the appearance of a red Delta on the spine and will contain barcode no: 5051368241838 for ease of identification. If you purchased the box set prior to the recall, this will be replaced and will be made available free of charge. Please email stng@sonydadc.com for details regarding the replacement program. You may also call 01992 657 739 Monday-Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.

We strive to provide our fans the best Blu-ray experience possible and sincerely apologise for this inconvenience.

Meds

Still though, any news on a new box set coming out. I'm not buying these only to have to phone them up to send out another disc.