News:

Podcast # 893 is now up covering TV Themes

Main Menu

Trek News - TNG Remastered Like TOS

Started by News Bot, July 28, 2007, 05:23:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billybob476

Wil Wheaton just tweeted:

QuoteJust did a two hour interview for the TNG Blu-ray. OMG, you guys. The documentary is going to be AMAZING.

https://twitter.com/#!/wilw/status/202833452943421440

Extras might not be so bad.

Meds

Boom, i'm so buying these once the price comes down a bit.

Rico

Check this news out!  TNG on the big screen!!

As previously reported the first season of Star Trek: The Next Generation arrives on Blu-ray on July 24th. And in order to promote the release, CBS will be holding theatrical screenings across the USA in advance of the release. These one-day screening events are another great way to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the series.
The two first season episodes chosen for the event are  "Where No One Has Gone Before" and "Datalore." The screenings will also show behind the scenes on the making of the remastered TNG (from the Blu-ray special features). Screenings will be held across the USA. 
See below for more details...

No specific theaters mentioned yet, but we will know soon.  Very cool!

Full story:
http://trekmovie.com/2012/05/15/star-trek-the-next-generation-promotional-screenings-to-be-held-in-july/

ChrisMC

Neat, I did this when the TOS Blurays came out and saw the Menagerie in the theater. It was cool to see an episode on the big screen and the restoration held up really well. Hopefully my theater will do it again.
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

Rico

bevs_plaything

A workmate of mine lent me his copy of the TNG sampler today, and earlier this evening I watched 'Sins of the Father.'  I must say it was spectacular than I ever imagined it would be, everything seem to leap of the screen! 

I will purchase the show again on Blu-ray...but not as it comes out!  I have recently reached season 6 again, and will wait a while after I eventually finished season 7.  :)

bevs_plaything

Just watched Farpoint and see that apart from converting it to HD,  the studio has got rid of that rather bad edit as Riker and Data walk behind the hedge on the hollow deck, and digital erased some obvious strings towards the end of the story, amongst other fantastic work!  I am so tempted to by the show again!!

Sorry to see that Troi's performance hasn't been digitally enhanced!   ;)

bevs_plaything

Does anyone know if the format of the discs will be the same as the TOS discs, with both the new remastered and unaltered versions available to select via the menu?

Rico

I'm pretty sure it's just the "new" versions that will be on the Blu-Rays.  Keep in mind that these are not really being "enhanced" like they did with TOS.  For the most part they will be the same episode - just at 1080 res. 

New trailer...

Star Trek: The Next Generation- Season 1 on Blu-ray

bevs_plaything

Quote from: Rico on June 28, 2012, 08:34:40 AM
I'm pretty sure it's just the "new" versions that will be on the Blu-Rays.  Keep in mind that these are not really being "enhanced" like they did with TOS.  For the most part they will be the same episode - just at 1080 res. 

New trailer...

Star Trek: The Next Generation- Season 1 on Blu-ray

Rico, Thanks for the response. 

Cheers  :)

Rico

ChrisMC

From the BluRay set, LeVar Burton's screen test for Geordi...I wish they let him keep the Jheri curl!  :thumbsup
Check out our Classic BSG podcast! http://ragtagfugitivepodcast.com/

bevs_plaything

Quote from: Chris-El on July 15, 2012, 05:57:34 AM
From the BluRay set, LeVar Burton's screen test for Geordi...I wish they let him keep the Jheri curl!  :thumbsup

Surely that is not LeVar?!  To me it doesn't look like anything like him!? :o

Jobydrone

Someting around the eyes looks a bit similar but other than that I agree, looks nothing like him.
"I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."  -Groucho Marx

billybob476

Maybe it's his stunt double or stand in?