• Welcome to TREKS IN SCI-FI FORUM.

News:

Make sure to join the Treks in Sci-Fi group on Facebook.

Main Menu

Podcast # 555 - "Wink of an Eye"

Started by Rico, September 20, 2015, 11:57:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rico

Cover this classic TOS this week along with some TV talk and audio comments by Will and Jedi Jeff.  Thanks for the audio comments guys and enjoy the cast.

Podcast Notes:  http://treksinscifi.com/podcast_notes/?p=3711

http://www.treksinscifi.com/podcasts/TreksinSciFi_555_Wink_Eye.mp3

jedijeff

Here is pic of the prize I got from Rico from the Trivia for the Anniversary show. Cool stuff, thanks again Rico

WillEagle

Rico

No problem on the prize Jeff.  Both those items were made for you!

WillEagle

Rico, just wanted to say your saying I should go ahead and get that William Shatner pic was a great idea! That was worth every cent!! And believe me it was a lot of cents!!

Rico

Quote from: WillEagle on September 21, 2015, 04:17:21 PM
Rico, just wanted to say your saying I should go ahead and get that William Shatner pic was a great idea! That was worth every cent!! And believe me it was a lot of cents!!

Yeah, glad you did it. At the end of the day it's just money. If you can swing doing it you won't ever regret it.  I'm regretting not doing it last May when he was here in Michigan.  It cost more here - like I think $125.  Maybe $100. 

WillEagle

Quote from: Rico on September 21, 2015, 04:20:41 PM
Quote from: WillEagle on September 21, 2015, 04:17:21 PM

Yeah, glad you did it. At the end of the day it's just money. If you can swing doing it you won't ever regret it.  I'm regretting not doing it last May when he was here in Michigan.  It cost more here - like I think $125.  Maybe $100. 

WOW! Then I got a good deal at $80 then!!

Rico

Jen

Enjoyed the episode, Rico! Thanks!
I never really thought of the fact that TNG characters just needed to ask for the computer for lights, music or info, but they had to tap combadges. Good point! :D

It would be a nice upgrade in a future TV series or film, to have them speak to their badge instead of tap it. We would understand that it was a leap in technology, since we are familiar with the old badges. Maybe the "tap" in TNG was employed in the show so the viewer would immediately understand, without a detailed explanation, that it was the badge on their chests that allowed communication.  :confused

Enjoyed Will's report on Comic Con. Glad he and his wife had a good time. Sounds like they saw a lot of cool stuff. And Jeff's talk about the Ship of The Lines calendar gives me an idea for Angela's Christmas present. :D

Founding co-host of the Anomaly Podcast
AnomalyPodcast.com
@AnoamlyPodcast

Rico

Thanks for the nice comments Jen. It was a cool, "classic" style show and fun to do.

WillEagle

Jen, we did have a great time and who better to spend it with that my wife of 27 years! We did see a lot of cool stuff and she even went though some comic boxes with me and she found some Trek ones I needed and even a Variant #1 Black Widow from 2010. I'm going to post a couple pics on the Comic Con post of my stack of comics I bought. So much fun. Also glad you enjoyed the report!